Deliciously elegant, golden, Cheesy French Pinwheels just may be one of the easiest appetizers you’ll whip up in your kitchen!
Our cheesy french pinwheels are bound to become a new favorite! How can such a gorgeous little tidbit be easy to make, you ask? Well, they’re made with a secret, store-bought ingredient, puff pastry. And the greatest news……..is it’s available in almost every supermarket in the frozen section!
These are special enough to make for any holidays, but simple and delicious enough to make for Friday night football. And this is a recipe that pleases everyone! The ladies love these for their buttery, crispy deliciousness, and the guys love the salami, mustard, cheesy yum! Everyone in both camps happy 🙂 Yay!
Step By Step: How To Make Cheesy French Pinwheels
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with Silpats or parchment paper. Defrost puff pastry according to package instructions. Unfold 1 pastry sheet and place on a lightly floured surface. Lightly flattened out the creases with a rolling pin. Spread 1/2 of mustard evenly on top and leave a 1/2 inch border on every side. Sprinkle half a teaspoon of rosemary.
2. Arrange half of salami overlapping over mustard.
3. Sprinkle half the cheese over salami. Brush boarder with beaten eggs.
4. Roll up pastry, jellyroll fashion.
5. Roll and press to seal seam. Cut logs crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. Arrange rounds on prepared sheets spacing 1-inch apart. Brush tops of rounds with egg. Repeat the process with the remaining pastry. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Cheesy French Pinwheels
Deliciously elegant, golden, Cheesy French Pinwheels just may be one of the easiest appetizers you'll whip up in your kitchen!
- 2 Sheet Puff Pastry
- 1/2 Cup Country Dijon Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Pound Salami Very Thinly Sliced
- 3 Cups Jack Cheese Shredded
- 2 Large Egg Beaten to Blend
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with Silpats or parchment paper.
- Defrost puff pastry according to package instructions, about 30-40 minutes.
- Gently unfold 1 pastry sheet and place on a lightly floured surface. Use a lightly floured rolling pin to flatten out the creases.
- Spread 1/2 the mustard evenly over surface, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Sprinkle 1/2 the rosemary evenly over mustard. Arrange 1/2 the salami slices over mustard, overlapping as needed. Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese over salami. Brush plain border with beaten egg. Roll up pastry, jellyroll fashion, pressing to seal seam. Repeat with remaining pastry, mustard, rosemary, salami and cheese. Cut logs crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. Arrange rounds on prepared sheets, spacing 1 inch apart. Brush tops of rounds with egg.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until nicely golden brown. Serve warm.
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.
Recipe Notes Cheesy French Pinwheels:
Salami: The salami used in this recipe must be sliced paper thin. Salami that comes prepackaged is much too thick to use, so buy the salami for this recipe at from the deli counter. Ask them to slice it as thinly as possible without it shredding.
Puff Pastry: I used Pepperidge Farms puff pastry. I find that it’s the brand most available at my local market. Feel free to use any brand.
Mustard: I love this made with Country Dijon mustard. It’s a whole grain Dijon-style mustard. It’s got just the right flavor and texture to compliment the salami and puff pastry. If you prefer, you can substitute regular Dijon. Ballpark mustard will not work. Some form of Dijon is absolutely necessary 🙂
- Lion House Rolls -Tender, Soft and lusciously Buttery, surely a family favorite!
- Curried Shrimp in Crispy Wonton Cups – Crisp and crunchy cups filled with a curried shrimp salad, topped a sprinkle of toasted coconut!
- Cheesy Baked Tomatoes -Quick and easy to make layered with an ooey-gooey layer of cheese!
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies – Best bites of sweet, salty, and smokies!
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms -Delicious delicate crab, perfectly accompanied with a creamy cheesy filling!
- Bisquick Sausage Balls assemble in mere minutes to form bite-sized snacks that are full of flavor & perfect for dipping! Moist, meaty, & of course- delish!
Source: Adapted from After Orange County