Stamped a comin’ when they hear my Sloppy Joes are on the burner! A few minor tweaks makes my recipe a real keeper! Leftovers, unlikely!
I LOVE Sloppy Joes!
They’re one of my favorite things to make for dinner.
They’re quick and easy to prepare and yummy and fun to eat.
I mean…….who can be totally serious or uptight when you’re taking a bite of a Sloppy Joe and just a bit of it squeezes out of the bun??
After a long hard day at work, this is what I’m looking for……something yummy, quick and a bit capricious.
This is my go to recipe for Classic Sloppy Joes!
They’re sweet, a little tangy, and very satisfying.
If you don’t like a Sloppy Joe that is on the ‘good and sweet side’, then this isn’t the recipe for you.
The recipe is so easy, there’s absolutely NO reason to buy a can of Sloppy Joe mix.
No reason at all EVER!
Make sure you buy fresh, good quality hamburger buns for these.
For my hubby and son, I toast the buns in a skillet with a little butter.
My daughter and I like them untoasted…… just room temperature……nice and soft!
Cheese is a nice option.
I sometimes top them with medium Cheddar.
If you add cheese, just pop them under the broiler for a minute or two to melt it.
I made these this week.
Since there were only 3 of us at home for dinner, I didn’t double the recipe.
I usually do because they make great lunches if were home the next day.
My son almost cried!
We devoured the whole skillet.
My hubby and son are BIG eaters!
There were NO leftovers.
He begged me to make them again ASAP!
So, there you have it……..these are clearly a family favorite recipe!
Honestly, I think these really are The Best Sloppy Joes!
Check out these Burger Inspired Meals!
Cheeseburger Soup – Loaded with chunks of meat, veggies, and cheesy broth!
Hamburger Soup– A home-style, hearty meal perfect to satisfy a healthy appetite!
Impossible Cheeseburger Pie Recipe with Bisquick– A beautiful, beefy pie nestled on a perfect pie crust!
Source: Adapted from Allrecipes
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Onion Chopped, Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Green Bell Pepper Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Prepared Yellow Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1/2 Cup Water
- To a large skillet add oil and begin to heat over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until no pink remains in the beef. Remove cooked beef to a paper towel-lined plate. Drain skillet of all but a couple teaspoons of oil.
- Add onions and green pepper to skillet. Saute over medium heat until veggies are soft, a couple of minutes. Add drained beef back to the skillet. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat and continue to simmer for 30 minutes. Scoop mixture out over hamburger buns and serve!
Fans Also Made:
None foundRate This Recipe