Impossible cheeseburger pie is a savory beefy cheesy masterpiece that turns typical burger recipes into a totally crave-able weeknight dinner. This is no ordinary hamburger casserole. It’s got all the hallmarks of an incredible family dinner and it’s on the table in under an hour. The best part is that this nutritious recipe is great all year round.
Wait for the cold weather to pull out that hamburger soup and serve up some piping hot cheeseburger soup. On those crazy midweek evenings, this is the recipe you’ll want to reach for after a long hard day. This rich and flavorful dinner is totally practical and all you need is a few kitchen staples.
Check it out…..
- You’ll be setting the table for a beautiful, beefy pie molded into a perfect pie crust without having to touch a rolling pin
- The flavors and textures work perfectly in this dish and will help you work a little “impossible” magic in your own kitchen!
- It’s “impossibly easy” to make!
How To Make Impossible Cheeseburger Pie Recipe
There’s something magical about the simplicity of this impossible cheeseburger pie and it is scrumptious. Just add your browned meat-n-veggie mixture to a deep pie dish. Then whisk together your Bisquick topping crust ingredients and pour it over your pie filling.
Now cover with cheese and bake until that golden goodness calls to you. All you need is a cape!
When crafting up this super simple impossible cheeseburger pie, I always bake mine uncovered. It allows the air to circulate so the pie bakes up nice and even with a perfectly golden cheesy crust.
Feed a crowd – If you want to stretch out the meal a bit, you can double the impossible concoction (Bisquick, milk, and eggs), and fill up a 9” x 13” pan instead. You can also make cute little individual pies by baking this in muffin tins!
- Mix all the ingredients, then fill a lightly greased pan with a scant tablespoon of the Bisquick batter, ¼ c. of the beef filling, then another tablespoon of the batter.
- They’ll need to bake about 30 minutes, cool for 5, then be taken out to cool another 10 minutes to avoid any impatient mouth burning.
Fillings/Toppings – Make this a bacon cheeseburger pie by adding about 6 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon to the beef before adding the Bisquick batter. Some impossible cheeseburger pie recipes add ketchup, mustard, or even dill pickle relish to the filling to emulate an actual cheeseburger.
- I like to save those things for garnish since no two guests are exactly alike when it comes to hamburger fixin’s.
Bisquick Cheeseburger Pie Ingredient Notes
Beef – This amazing pie recipe calls for ground chuck which is typically an 80/20 blend. I know everyone is different, but that ratio is important for this recipe because it keeps everything moist and juicy.
Tools to Make
The most important thing you need for this pie is a 9-inch pie pan. That’s it! Of course, a little imagination doesn’t hurt. This cheeseburger pie pairs really well with a crisp garden salad and dinner’s a done deal.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
This impossibly delicious cheeseburger pie will stay fresh and yummy in the fridge for a couple of days when stored properly, although I rarely have leftovers. When I do I either transfer it to an airtight container or cover tightly with cling wrap before putting it in the fridge. Easy peasy!
Can You Freeze This?
Yes!!!….and you have options. You can either cook it up and then freeze it or you can throw everything together and toss it in the freezer before you cook it (minus the cheese, of course). When you’re ready to serve all you have to do is thaw it out, cover with cheese, and bake!
The temperature and length of time will be determined by whether you’re reheating leftovers or baking up a frozen cheeseburger pie.
Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie Make Ahead Tips
This impossibly easy cheeseburger pie is – well – super simple! Even when you know you’ve got a busy day ahead, you can throw this thing together and slide it into the fridge without baking. It’ll stay ready to go for up to 24 hours.
Then all it takes is preheating the oven and dinner’s on the table in 40 minutes.
This pie makes a fantastic mid-week dinner when you’re short on time and an enjoyable weekend treats when you wanna’ just spend time with the FAM. I love serving this with a crisp vinaigrette salad.
While you don’t really need a bread item, you can always throw together some Bisquick drop biscuits. Need dessert too? Bisquick chocolate chip cookies do not disappoint, and you’ve probably already got everything you need.
Ya’ll know how many things you can do with Bisquick and this versatile impossible cheeseburger pie offers lotsa’ tasty options. Here are a few suggestions.
- Swap the Bisquick for potatoes to create an easy one-skillet hamburger hash the family will love.
- A few simple substitutions and plenty of veggies will give you a hamburger stew with layers upon layers of flavor.
- Grab some poultry instead of beef and whip up some scrumptious turkey burgers for dinner.
- Combine tender pasta, creamy cheese, and savory beef to make a full-flavored hamburger goulash that breaks up weeknight monotony.
- Lose the pie pan and bake up some Bisquick sausage balls that taste like little bite-sized dynamos of flavor.
Impossible Cheeseburger Pie
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, onions, garlic, Worcestershire Sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper over medium heat, until beef is brown and there is no longer any pink, about 10 minutes. Remove excess fat. Pour cooked beef into prepared pie plate.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together crust ingredients. Pour over beef mixture. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden, about 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
Here are even more awesome Bisquick recipes you may enjoy. They’re simple, convenient, and totally crave-worthy!
- Bisquick Peach Cobbler – Thick, sweet, simple, and just begging for vanilla ice cream.
- Bisquick Coffee Cake – The perfect sweet little crumbly sidekick to that piping hot cup of joe!
- Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie – One pot comfort food the whole family will love.
- Bisquick Biscuit Recipe – Jazz up breakfast or dinner with warm buttery homemade biscuits that take minimal effort.
- Bisquick Banana Bread – Moist and sweet with just the right amount of banana flavor, the perfect afternoon snack or dessert.
This impossible cheeseburger pie is a modern-day delicacy that’ll breathe new life into those busy weeknight dinners. There’s plenty of veggies and savory beef in a simple pie that’s topped with cheesy goodness browned to perfection. It just doesn’t get much better than this generational palate pleaser.
Plus, it comes together quickly and you can feel great about serving it. Just don’t expect any leftovers!