Simple Roasted Broccoli just may become your new favorite way to prepare this healthy veggie! Quick and easy enough to prepare for a weeknight meal.
This easy Roasted Broccoli is my all time favorite way to eat broccoli. Our simple, humble recipe just might become a surprise favorite for you too. If you look down at the recipe you’ll see that it couldn’t be simpler to make. It’s so simple, in fact, you might just pass it up, but I have to tell you, I think that would be a mistake……..let me explain.
Something happens to veggies when you roast them. Oven roasting them really is just baking at a higher temperature. Simple enough….right? When they cook at this higher temperature they caramelize and that’s a really good thing. It concentrates the flavors, brings out the natural sugars in a food, and also gives the food a bit of a nutty flavor. The best part of caramelizing………..you don’t have to add a bunch of ingredients to get the extra bonus flavor. I don’t know about you, but in my book, that’s a huge plus! I’m often looking for ways to cut unwanted calories without sacrificing great flavor. Who want’s to eat boring food? Not me, my friend! And please don’t think I want to give up my sugar obsession to save calories………..
This recipe has two ingredients plus salt and pepper. Obviously, the freshness and the quality of the ingredients are super important because there are no other ingredients that are going to mask mediocre quality. I use extra virgin olive oil, but feel free to use whichever type you prefer.
Roasted Broccoli is so easy to make and really good for you that I serve it a couple times a week. You can use this as a base recipe and if you’d like you can add other ingredients to vary the dish. You can toss it with peeled or unpeeled garlic or lemon zest or Parmesan cheese before roasting. My kids used to like it when I’d top it with cheese, generally cheddar, and pop it back in the oven for about a minute just to barely melt it. This was a little tricky though because if you melted it just a wee bit too long it almost melted through the broccoli and you lost most of the cheese flavor…….what’s the point! So try this version, but be on your toes!
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 8 Cups Broccoli Florets
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a rimmed baking sheet (half sheet size works well), drizzle olive oil. Spread broccoli out on top of olive oil. With your hands turn broccoli a couple of times to coat with olive oil. Arrange broccoli in a single layer. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast broccoli in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until broccoli is cooked to desired tenderness and is caramelized on the side touching the pan.
More Side Dishes!
- Scalloped Corn – Golden corn cradled in a rich homemade custard with just the right amount of smokey bacon topped with a crunchy breadcrumb topping!
- Sautéed Asparagus – Perfectly tender and flavored asparagus!
- Roasted Garlic Asparagus with Feta – Tender asparagus infused with garlic and perfectly coated with feta!
- Corn Pudding – Our velvety, custardy Corn Pudding attains a new level of scrumptious! Its creamy corn filling is hearty and rich. Best of all- it’s easy to make!
More Broccoli Recipes…
- Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole– Our Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole is a deliciously decadent side dish with its lusciously thick, from scratch cream sauce with a cheesy crunchy top!
Recipes to Partner with Roasted Broccoli…
- French Onion Chicken– Our French Onion Chicken skillet is cheesy, packed with flavor and it’s a cinch to make. Leftovers (if any) have a very short lifespan.
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken – is sweet, smokey and crazy delish! A great appetizer and a family favorite for dinner! It’s Over The Top with an amazing sauce!
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole – is loaded with creaminess, smokiness, and topped with buttery crispiness! And, it’s super quick to make!
- Lemon Pepper Chicken – My light and crispy Lemon Pepper Chicken – with a peppery, creamy lemon sauce that transforms your table into an elegant French dining room in less than 30 minutes.