A savory take on a classic Bisquick shortcut, this recipe is a great way to use a surplus of summertime zucchini. Fast and filling, this Bisquick Zucchini Pie is just as delicious as a light supper as it is served alongside a Barbecue spread.
Pie For Dinner? You betcha if it’s this zucchini pie! I’m always looking for different ways to serve zucchini, and this quickly became a new favorite. And you know it’s coming together quickly with Bisquick on our side. This makes a great summertime supper on its own or with a fresh salad.
This makes a versatile veggie side dish too—and you can bet I’ll be making it well into the fall. It pairs well with nearly any meat dish—which also makes it perfect for a potluck. This pie will be at home on any table. Next time you see zucchini—you know what to do!
Do you want to try more easy Bisquick impossible pies? Here are some delicious choices that are on my dinner table often!
- Impossible cheeseburger pie,
- Bisquick impossible taco pie,
- Impossibly easy ham and Swiss pie,
- Bisquick chicken pot pie.
Ingredients For Impossibly Easy Zucchini Pie
- Parmesan Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
Storing + Freezing + Make-Ahead
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? This can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container or wrapped in cling wrap for 3-4 days.
- Can You Freeze This? Hotel wrap each slice, place slices in a resealable plastic bag, then place in the freezer for up to 3 months. Here’s an article on how to Hotel Wrap.
- Make-Ahead Tips: This is so easy to make there’s no make-ahead tip I can think of. But… you can bake an extra pie and freeze it for a grab-and-go kinda busy morning.
- Food Safety: Here’s an article regarding food storage and safety.
How To Make This Pie Without Bisquick
If you don’t have Bisquick on hand, no worries, make your own.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening or butter
This pie makes a delicious meatless supper or lunch. I like serving this with a simple green salad dressed with my amazing balsamic vinaigrette recipe.
How to Make The Original Bisquick Zucchini Pie Recipe
1. Evenly layer zucchini at the bottom of the pie plate.
2. Layer the tomatoes on top;
3. then onion,
4. then cheese.
5. In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
6. Pour the mixture over the vegetables.
See full instructions below.
More Bisquick Recipes
- Bisquick Sausage Balls
- Bisquick Breakfast Casserole
- Bisquick Drop Biscuits
- Bisquick Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Bisquick Coffee Cake
- Bisquick Banana Bread
- Sausage Balls With Cream Cheese
If you make this Impossible Bisquick Pie, I’d love it if you snapped a photo and tagged me on Instagram, @gonna_want_seconds, or please share this recipe on Pinterest, Facebook, or Yummly! I really appreciate your support, my friends! BTW….are you receiving our free newsletter with a free weekly meal plan?
Bisquick Zucchini Pie
- 1 cup zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup Bisquick
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Lightly spray a deep-dish 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In the prepared pie plate, evenly layer zucchini (1 cup),
- then tomato (1 cup),
- then onion (1/2 cup),
- then cheese (1/3 cup Parmesan cheese + 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients with a fork until blended.
- Pour mixture into pie plate over vegetables.
- Bake in the preheated oven, until the knife inserted in the center, comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
Fans Also Made:
On your phone? Check the web story here.