This Bisquick Impossible Taco Pie is my go-to, I’ve got no time to cook anything, but delicious dinner. The whole family absolutely loves this pie and it’s so easy to make! All the classic flavors you expect in good tacos (check out my easy and really wonderful taco meat recipe!) are made into a great pie.
Next time you’re having taco Tuesday, serve this pie up instead of the old standard.
Bisquick is one of my favorite pantry staples. You can make appetizers, savory meals, and even desserts with this magical ingredient. Try more of my favorite Bisquick recipes next!
How To Make Impossible Taco Pie Without Bisquick
If you forget to pick up a box of Bisquick no problem, you can still make this! For this recipe, just replace the baking mix with the following:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening or butter
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until evenly combined. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the shortening or butter, until the mixture is crumbly and is the size of peas. Just use this instead of the Bisquick and follow the recipe as directed.
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning Mix
- Canned Green Chiles
- Bisquick Mix
- Cheddar Cheese Or Pepper Jack Cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- Black Olives
- Sour Cream
Storing + Freezing
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? This will stay fresh and yummy in the fridge for a couple of days when stored properly. Transfer it to an airtight container or cover it tightly with cling wrap before putting it in the fridge. Hotel wrapping is the best way to do it! Here’s an article on how to hotel wrap.
- Can You Freeze This? Yes! This freezes well. Covered tightly with plastic wrap. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
- Food Safety: Here’s an article by the USDA on food safety and storage.
How To Make Bisquick Impossible Taco Pie
- Cook ground beef and onion. Mix in taco seasoning.
- Layer ground beef on the pie plate.
- Add green chiles on top.
- Make the Bisquick mixture. Whisk together Bisquick and eggs.
- Add milk and mix until combined.
- Pour over the beef mixture.
- Bake. Sprinkle with cheese, and bring it back in the oven until the cheese is melted. Add toppings. Serve.
More Fabulous Bisquick Recipes
- Bisquick Sausage Balls
- Bisquick Breakfast Casserole
- Bisquick Drop Biscuits
- Bisquick Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Bisquick Peach Cobbler
- Bisquick Coffee Cake
- Bisquick Dumplings
- Bisquick Taco Bake
- Bisquick Pizza Crust
- Bisquick Chicken Fingers
If you make this delicious impossibly easy pie, I’d love it if you snapped a photo and tagged me on Instagram, @gonna_want_seconds, or please share this recipe on Pinterest, Facebook, or Yummly! I really appreciate your support, my friends, 🙋🏼♀️! BTW….are you receiving our free newsletter with a free weekly meal plan?
Impossible Taco Pie
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (1.25 ounces) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup Bisquick mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese or pepper jack cheese, shredded
- shredded lettuce
- black olives, sliced
- tomatoes, chopped
- sour cream
- avocado, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (204 °C). Spray a 9-inch pie dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble ground beef (1 pound) and onion (1/2 cup), until the beef is done and there is no longer any pink in it. Drain excess grease. Mix in taco seasoning (1 envelope).
- Layer beef on the prepared pie plate. Add green chiles (1 can) to the top of the beef in a single layer.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together Bisquick (1/2 cup), milk (1 cup), and eggs (2) until combined. Pour over beef mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese (3/4 cup). Put back in the oven until cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes then top as desired and serve.
Fans Also Made:
On your phone? Check the web story here.