These cheesy, hearty, Bisquick sausage muffins make a delicious grab-and-go breakfast, a great snack, or a wonderful accompaniment to a warm bowl of soup or classic chili. These savory muffins are a hit with kids and adults alike. They’re made with 4 easy to find ingredients so whipping them up is a snap.
These are also great and served as an appetizer. They’re similar to Bisquick sausage balls but they’re even easier to make. If you’d like to serve them in appetizer size, make the batter and scoop it into a mini muffin pan. They’re perfect for snacking on game day!
Bisquick Sausage Muffins Ingredient
- Breakfast Sausage: You can use mild or spicy. Turkey sausage works well, too. I use Jimmy Dean.
- Eggs: I used large eggs.
- Cheddar Cheese: I like this with sharp cheddar but you can use just about any type. Try pepper jack, mozzarella, or Gouda.
- Green Onions: Use both the white and green parts.
- Bisquick: I use the original, regular Bisquick mix.
Storing + Freezing + Reheating
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? If you have any leftovers, store them in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Can You Freeze This? These freeze well. They will last in the freezer for about 2-3 months!
- Make-Ahead Tips: They can be made a day ahead of time and kept in the fridge until you’re ready to bake!
- Reheating: To reheat refrigerated muffins by wrapping them in a damp paper towel for up to 40-60 seconds in the microwave. If your muffins are frozen, thaw overnight in the fridge then reheat.
- Food Safety: If you’d like more info on food safety check out this link.
How To Make Bisquick Sausage Muffins
- Cook and crumble the sausage until there’s no longer pink. Set aside to a paper-lined plate.
- In a bowl, stir together eggs, cheese, green onions, cooked sausage, and baking mix. Stir.
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full.
See the full instructions below.
More Delicious Bisquick Recipes
- Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie
- Bisquick Dumplings
- John Wayne Casserole
- Bisquick Banana Bread
- Bisquick Dumplings
- Bisquick Taco Bake
- Bisquick Pizza Crust
- Bisquick Chicken and Dumplings
- Bisquick Zucchini Pie
- Bisquick Chicken Fingers
Craving more delicious recipes?
I hope you’ll join our cooking family! Subscribe to Gonna Want Seconds and receive all our latest recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Absolutely free to you and we never share your email address.
Bisquick Sausage Muffins
- 16 ounces breakfast sausage
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 cup Bisquick™ Original Pancake & Baking Mix
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners or instead grease the muffin tin well; set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet, over medium-high heat, cook and crumble the sausage (16 ounces), until no pink color remains. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Cool sausage for about 10 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together eggs (4), shredded cheese (1 cup), green onions (1/4 cup), cooked drained sausage, and baking mix (1 cup). Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full. Bake in preheated oven until the tops of the muffins are golden brown and are baked through about 20 minutes.
Fans Also Made:
On your phone? Check the web story here.