When it comes to chicken pot pie recipes it’s hard to find one better than Bisquick chicken pot pie. This stuff is like love in a dish. It’s one of those Bisquick recipes that rivals even the chicken pot pie my Grandma’s made! Feed the FAM, spread the love and make your grandma proud all in one fell swoop with about 10 minutes of prep time. Yeah….it’s that easy – but they’ll never know.
Bisquick is one of the most important staples in my pantry! I love it. Here are a few more delicious impossible pie recipes I hope you’ll try next. Impossible cheeseburger pie is Bisquick easy and tastes just like a cheeseburger in pie form. Bisquick Impossible Taco Pie is my kids absolute favorite. They ask for it on taco Tuesdays instead of tacos! Bisquick Zucchini Pie makes eating your veggies easy and delicious.
Let’s bake this pot pie!
What I Love About This Recipe
- the golden crust of this homemade chicken pot pie
- the ease of preparation, and
- the well-rounded interior ingredients
- very easy to prepare!
How To Make Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
This pot pie comes together with no fuss at all. It’s almost hard to believe how decadent and delicious it is!
- Just combine the chicken, soup, and veggies while the oven is preheating.
- Pour the mixture in your pie dish.
- Now mix up the Bisquick with wet ingredients and pour it over the goodies in the pie dish.
- Bake until golden brown and enjoy the sweet smell of success all the way to the dinner table!
Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie Ingredient
- Chicken: This awesome pot pie utilizes cooked chicken for convenience. Feel free to toss in leftovers from the grill, rotisserie chicken or even canned cooked chicken. Personally, I love using rotisserie chicken when I make this. The chicken is always juicy, and the seasonings add a little something extra to the finished product.
- Frozen mixed vegetables: We like the carrots, corn, peas, green beans mixture but chose which your family will like best.
- Bisquick: The star of this recipe! I use the original Bisquick.
- Milk: I use whole milk but feel free to use a lower fat version if you’d like.
- Egg: Just one to bind everything together.
Tools to Make
This pot pie is the stuff dinner dreams are made of. All you need on hand is a 9 x 13-inch pie pan. I use a Pyrex deep glass pie pan and it works like a dream.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
This will stay fresh and yummy in the fridge for 4-5 days but you should keep it tightly covered with cling wrap. If your pie dish has a lid, you should still use cling wrap underneath it.
Can You Freeze This?
Oh yeah, baby! If you’ve already baked your pot pie, let it cool completely (but not more than 2 hours—Here’s an article on food safety) before preparing it for the freezer. I try to put mine in disposable aluminum pans if I know I’m going to freeze it. It goes straight from the freezer to the oven on 375 for about 30 minutes.
You can also prepare and freeze unbaked, but you’ll have to add about 25 minutes to the baking time.
Impossible Chicken Pot Pie Make Ahead Tips
This impossible chicken pot pie is so totally easy to make, there isn’t a ton of prep to do. If your schedule is super packed, you can put this thing together, cover it, and toss it into the fridge instead of the oven.
It’ll stay fresh and ready to bake for up to 24 hours. Slide it into the oven the next day and dinner’s ready in under an hour.
This pie is the perfect one-dish complete meal.You don’t really have to serve it with anything since it contains just about every food group. That said, my family loves when I mix up a batch of tasty Bisquick biscuits my to go with it. You’ve gotta’ have something to sop up that creamy dreamy goodness towards the end!
More Pot Pie Recipes
Craving more delicious recipes?
I hope you’ll join our cooking family! Subscribe to Gonna Want Seconds and receive all our latest recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Absolutely free to you and we never share your email address.
Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 2/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine chicken, vegetables, and soup. Pour into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the Bisquick, milk, and egg. Pour on top of pie plate.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is golden brown, about 30 minutes.