When it comes to chicken pot pie recipes it’s hard to find one better than Bisquick chicken pot pie. This stuff is like love in a dish.
It’s one of those Bisquick recipes that rivals even KFC chicken pot pie. Feed the FAM, spread the love and make grandma proud all in one fell swoop with about 10 minutes of prep time. Yeah….it’s that easy – but they’ll never know.
Chicken pot pie with biscuits is a classic take on this recipe. Biscuits form a thicker crust and can be used to soak up some yummy soup as well.
Go ahead and let them handle the dishes tonight. Let’s get cooking!
Oh, where to begin! I love…
- the golden crust of this homemade chicken pot pie
- the ease of preparation, and
- the well-rounded interior ingredients
- very easy to prepare!
How To Make Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
This pot pie comes together with no fuss at all. It’s almost hard to believe how decadent and delicious it is! Just combine the chicken, soup, and veggies while the oven is preheating and put them in your pie dish.
Now mix up the Bisquick with wet ingredients and pour it over the goodies in the pie dish. Bake until golden brown and enjoy the sweet smell of success all the way to the dinner table!
Serving up a piping hot Bisquick pot pie is best on those cold dreary days but really it’s great any time in the fall.
Be sure to preheat the oven and bake uncovered for the best results. Plus, it’ll let that indulgent smell permeate every nook and cranny in the kitchen!
Chicken Pot Pie Bisquick Ingredient Notes
This awesome pot pie utilizes cooked chicken for convenience. Feel free to toss in leftovers from the grill or even canned cooked chicken. Making a chicken pot pie with Bisquick mix allows you to enjoy a slightly sweet golden flaky crust without a ton of effort.
I love using rotisserie chicken when I make chicken pot pie Bisquick style. The chicken is always juicy, and the seasonings add a little something extra to the finished product.
Plus, I’ve got the mix to whip up a tasty Bisquick biscuit recipe to go with my pot pie. You’ve gotta’ have something to sop up that creamy dreamy goodness towards the end!
Bisquick drop biscuits are my personal FAV!
Tools to Make
This pot pie is the stuff dinner dreams are made of. All you need on hand is a 9 x 13-inch pie pan. I use a deep glass pie pan and it works like a dream.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
This absolutely delicious Bisquick pot pie will stay fresh and yummy in the fridge for 4-5 days but you should keep it tightly covered with cling wrap or aluminum foil.
If your pie dish has a lid, you should still use cling wrap underneath it.
Can You Freeze This?
Oh yeah, baby! If you’ve already baked your pot pie, let it cool completely (but not more than 2 hours) before preparing it for the freezer.
I try to put mine in disposable aluminum pans if I know I’m going to freeze it. It goes straight from the freezer to the oven on 375 for about 30 minutes.
You can also prepare and freeze unbaked, but you’ll have to add about 25 minutes to the baking time.
Impossible Chicken Pot Pie Make Ahead Tips
This impossible chicken pot pie is so totally easy to make, there isn’t a ton of prep to do. If your schedule is super packed, you can put this thing together, cover it, and toss it into the fridge instead of the oven.
It’ll stay fresh and ready to bake for up to 24 hours. Slide it into the oven the next day and dinner’s ready in under an hour.
This pot pie is ideal for cozy family dinners, large get-togethers, and even friendly potlucks. You don’t really have to serve it with anything since it contains just about every food group. However, it pairs really well with a light fruit salad or crisp vinaigrette salad.
This recipe is a clear winner with the fam, but this stuff is so versatile there are tons of goodies you can make with it. Here are a few scrumptious suggestions.
- Grab that funky fruit, trade the veggies for pecans, and bake up a batch of yummy Bisquick banana bread!
- A few simple swaps and some extra eggs will give you a hearty Bisquick breakfast casserole you can cover in cheese.
- Trade the chicken for beef and bake up an impossible cheeseburger pie that’ll breathe new life into dinner.
- Bacon, cheese, and eggs – Oh my! Serve up a scrumptious Bisquick quiche for breakfast or dinner.
- Whip up some slightly sweet totally savory Bisquick sausage balls with your favorite sausage and cheddar cheese.
Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 2/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine chicken, vegetables, and soup. Pour into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the Bisquick, milk, and egg. Pour on top of pie plate.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRate This Recipe
Here’s even more chicken recipes you may want to try to change things up a little.
- Turkey Burgers – indulge in your favorite dish with all the flavor and less than half the fat.
- Chicken Pita – All the best fixins’ and a light fresh flavor on soft scrumptious pita bread.
- Crispy Baked Chicken – Oh yeah! I went there….tender, crunchy, and crave-worthy.
- Chicken Chili – this healthier version is a stout blend with all the traditional flavors.
- Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole – pure wholesome simplicity in a creamy dreamy sauce all covered with cheese and tasty breadcrumbs.
When you need an insanely delicious dinner on the fly, Bisquick chicken pot pie will save the day. It’s super simple, totally de-lish, and nutritious to boot.
Plus, it only takes about 10 minutes to throw it together. Spread some smiles and fill the FAM with a warm fervent glow from the inside out with every single bite.
And believe me…..they’re gonna’ want seconds!