Bisquick breakfast casserole is the motherload of all Bisquick breakfast recipes! The only comparable recipe is tater tot breakfast casserole and once you taste it, you’ll see why. This is one of those Bisquick recipes that turns some simple kitchen staples into a decadently satisfying meal to feed all the famished folks in your home.
It’s totally simple and completely delicious. And the added veggies make it nutrient dense to keep the family full until the next scheduled meal. I’m here to tell ya’ – Bisquick is for more than just biscuits and pancakes. Once you try this recipe, you’ll look forward to Saturday mornings again!
Come see what I mean…..
This breakfast casserole is a modern hero in plainclothes. It’s Saturday morning, the rooster has crowed, and your family has begun to prowl around the kitchen like ravenous zombies from the latest thriller. We’ve all been there.
Bellies are growling, but you can only seem to locate a few random ingredients: frozen hash browns, eggs, veggies, milk, and … Bisquick? Bisquick breakfast casserole, to the rescue!
- This marvelous dish is so simple to whip together
- It does take a solid 45 minutes to bake
- Gooey cheese, savory pork sausage, and flavorful veggies
- Perfect for breakfast rush hour
How To Make Bisquick Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Whipping up this yummy Bisquick casserole only takes a few minutes. Cook up your sausage and veggies before spreading at the bottom of a casserole dish.
Then pour the Bisquick mixture over top of it and slide it into the oven. Cover with cheese the last 5 minutes of baking and watch it disappear when you put it on the table!
I know its tempting to just kind of throw everything into the casserole pan – especially first thing in the morning. BUT it’s important to sauté your veggies while you’re cooking the meat. Sautéing veggies brings out their sweeter more mellow flavors and combats bitterness for a balanced profile.
One of the beautiful things about this breakfast casserole is that you can kind of use what’s on hand. Add mushrooms, omit onions, swap the milk for cream and you’ll just create different flavor variations. If you’re not a fan of pork sausage, try ham or bacon instead. I promise you’ll love it!
Tools to Make
Whipping up a nice big batch of this rich and hearty breakfast casserole is so easy and it doesn’t take any crazy tools, either. The main thing is to make sure you have a casserole dish to bake it up in. I like to use a 9 x 13 and spray it with nonstick spray to make sure the casserole comes out easily.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
Once your family has had their fill of the yummy Bisquick breakfast casserole, you can just cover it and pop it in the fridge where it will keep for up to 4 days.
Either cover it tightly with cling wrap to prevent condensation or transfer it to an airtight container. Just be sure to let it cool completely first.
Can You Freeze This?
Oh yeah, you sure can!! You’ll want to give your casserole some chill time in the fridge before preparing it to go into the freezer. I like to use an aluminum baking dish when I know I’m going to freeze it.
Just slow thaw in the fridge overnight and warm it up in the oven to preserve the texture.
Make Ahead Tips
This breakfast casserole doubles as a great make-ahead meal. I just love using it as breakfast for dinner. Anyhow, since it stays good for a few days it’s easy to prepare and heat in the oven just before serving. I like to keep one of these in the freezer so it’s handy.
A hearty Bisquick casserole goes great with something slightly sweet, like yogurt or a bowl of fruit.
Bisquick breakfast casserole isn’t the only thing you can make with this stuff. All you need is a little creativity and an appetite! Here are some delicious suggestions for some easy recipe variations (since you’ve got the stuff out).
- Grab your pie pan and some extra eggs to throw together a yummy Bisquick quiche they’ll gobble up in a single sitting.
- Feed the FAM or contribute to the church potluck with a hearty breakfast casserole that only takes a few minutes to prep.
- Transform hamburger into an impossible cheeseburger pie that’ll make dinner a lovely experience even on a busy weeknight.
- Bisquick Scones – Slightly sweet and delightfully crumbly scone heaven.
- Bisquick Pancakes – Even better than Aunt Jemima!
- Bisquick Waffles – Let me tell you, E-G-G-O has nothing on this!
- Bisquick Biscuit Recipe – Warm fluffy biscuits in just a few easy minutes.
- Bisquick Cinnamon Rolls – Soft, fluffy, and full of cinnamon flavor.
- Bisquick Chicken Pot Pie – flaky golden crust, hot creamy insides
Bisquick Breakfast Casserole
- 24 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook sausage, onions, and red bell pepper over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is cooked through and there is no longer any pink. Drain any excess fat.
- Add sausage mixture, hash brown potatoes, and 1 1/2 cups cheese to the prepared baking dish and stir until ingredients are evenly combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk in Bisquick and pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven 40-45 minutes or until it is set in the center and a knife inserted into the center of the casserole comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRate This Recipe
Bisquick breakfast casserole is an easy go-to recipe in a pinch. It’s a weekend breakfast they’ll look forward to and it can double as a nutritious weeknight meal that’ll curb cravings while filling hungry tummies.
All you need is a few simple kitchen staples to whip up something really good without slaving over a hot stove for hours. Fill the kitchen with the sweet yummy smell of breakfast and put a smile on their face in no time flat!