This TikTok chicken cobbler is the stuff dinner dreams are made of. It’s easy-peasy to put together and the taste is comfort-food-central. Once your family eats this casserole, you’re all going to want this one in your dinner rotation.
If you like creamy chicken casseroles like this, I hope you’ll try my Bisquick chicken pot pie, chicken pot pie with biscuits, million dollar chicken casserole, and chicken and dumpling casserole next. These will NOT disappoint! ♥
TikTok Chicken Cobbler Ingredients
- Butter: Use either salted or unsalted butter. It’s melted so you don’t need to pull it out early.
- Chicken: I like to use a Costco rotisserie chicken for this recipe. Using all the white meat and some of the dark, it can easily yield 4 cups of cubed or shredded chicken. Then I have the wings and drumsticks left over for snacking!
- Vegetable Mix: I like to use frozen peas, carrots, corn, and green bean mix. No need to thaw or drain it. I pull it straight from the freezer and layer it in the casserole.
- Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuit Mix: Be sure you save the little flavor packet inside the box with the biscuit mix. It’s only about a 2-inch square packet so be on the lookout for it and don’t skip adding it.
- Milk: I use whole milk for the best flavor in the biscuit topping.
- Stock: I used regular stock from the carton. I didn’t add any extra salt though.
- Cream Of Chicken Soup: Feel free to change up the flavor a bit with a “cream of soup” flavor of your liking.
- Black Pepper: Adds the perfect punch of pepper.
- Garlic Powder: Adds a touch of garlic that’s just right!
- Doneness: As this casserole bakes, sometimes the biscuit top will separate. When this happens, the center may look too wet to seem done. If the rest of the top is golden brown, you’re good! It’s simply the sauce bubbling up through the topping.
- After you allow it to set for 15 minutes, it will look more cooked, but it still may have a puddle of the super delicious sauce coming through.
- Fried Onions: Some recipes call to add 2 cups of fried onions to the top of the casserole. If you’d like to try the casserole with the onions, bake it for 45 minutes, remove from the oven, add fried onions, and continue to bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Less Chicken Broth: Some recipes call for 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth rather than 2 cups. Frankly, I think the recipe as written below, has the perfect amount of broth.
Storing + Freezing + Make-Ahead
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? Once fully cooked, this casserole will keep in your fridge for 3-4 days.
- Can You Freeze This? Yes, this can be frozen. Thoroughly cool your casserole and properly seal it (either with your casserole lid or plastic wrap), and you can store it in the freezer for six months
- Make-Ahead Tips: Cut or cube the chicken and store it in a resealable bag in the fridge until you’re ready to assemble the casserole.
- Food Safety: If you’d like more info on food safety check out this link.
This casserole is a delicious complete meal in one baking pan! My family generally needs a bread side dish like butter swim biscuit, Bisquick biscuits, bakery-worthy no-knead bread, sweet-cakey Bisquick cornbread, or my amazingly buttery, homemade crescent rolls.
How To Make TikTok Chicken Cobbler
Pour melted butter into the bottom of the baking dish.
Spread an even layer of chicken and then an even layer of the frozen vegetables over the butter. Sprinkle the seasonings.
Mix the Red Lobster biscuit mix and the seasoning pack from the box of biscuit mix.
- Whisk it together with the milk.
Pour biscuit batter evenly over the top of the chicken and vegetable layer. DO NOT STIR.
Whisk together the cream of chicken and chicken stock until well blended.
Pour the soup mixture evenly over the biscuit batter. DO NOT STIR.
Bake in preheated oven until the biscuit top has risen and is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes serve!
***See the full instructions below.
More Creamy Delish Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
- White Chicken Enchiladas
- Million Dollar Chicken
- Chicken Stuffing Casserole
- Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- Chicken Tetrazzini
- Chicken Divan
- Mexican Chicken Casserole
- Poppy Seed Chicken
- Chicken and Potato Casserole
Craving More Delicious Recipes?
I hope you’ll join our cooking family! Subscribe to Gonna Want Seconds and receive all our latest recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Absolutely free to you and we never share your email address.
Tried This Recipe?
Leave a review, I love hearing your feedback! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
TikTok Chicken Cobbler
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter, melted
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded cubed or shredded
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (11.36 ounce) box Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuit mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 ( 10.5 ounce) can cream of chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- Adjust oven rack to bottom 1/3 position. Preheat oven to 370ºF (188ºC).
- Pour melted butter (1 stick) into the bottom of the 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Spread an even layer of chicken (4 cups) and then an even layer of frozen vegetables (12 ounces) over the butter. Sprinkle garlic powder (1 teaspoon), black pepper (1/2 teaspoon), and Old Bay seasoning (2 teaspoons) over top of the vegetables.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the Red Lobster biscuit mix (1 box) and the seasoning pack from the box of biscuit mix with milk (2 cups).
- Pour biscuit batter evenly over the top of the chicken and vegetable layer. DO NOT STIR.
- In a clean mixing bowl, whisk together the cream of chicken (1 can) and chicken stock (2 cups) until well blended.
- Pour the soup mixture evenly over the biscuit batter. DO NOT STIR.
- Bake in preheated oven until the biscuit top has risen and is golden brown, about 45-55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes then serve!
Fans Also Made:
- Doneness: As this casserole bakes, sometimes the biscuit top will separate. When this happens, the center may look too wet to seem done. If the rest of the top is golden brown, you're good! It's simply the sauce bubbling up through the topping. After you allow it to set for 15 minutes, it will look more cooked, but it still may have a puddle of the super delicious sauce coming through.