My chicken and potato casserole is a comforting all-in-one meal that your family will go crazy for. Well, at least mine does whenever this is on the menu.
A simple casserole, made from seemingly unassuming ingredients, when they’re all combined comes together magically and takes delicious to a whole new level! My son said this dinner is like everything delicious combined in one dish!
If you are on the lookout for more delicious chicken casseroles, I hope you’ll try my chicken and rice casserole, crack chicken casserole, chicken cordon bleu casserole, and my million dollar chicken casserole next!!
Let’s make this!!
Best Potatoes For This Casserole
If you’re a regular reader you know I love russet potatoes! Russets are my choice for this casserole. If you prefer Yukon Gold, feel free to switch them with the russets!
Chicken And Potato Casserole Ingredients
- Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- Cream of Potato Soup
- Sour Cream
- Poultry Seasoning
- Cheddar Cheese
- Mixed Vegetables
- Russet Potatoes
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Fried Onions
Storing + Freezing + Make-Ahead
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? This chicken bacon potato casserole will keep in your fridge for 3-4 days.
- Can You Freeze This? Yes, this potato chicken and vegetable casserole can be frozen. Thoroughly cool your casserole and properly seal it (either with your casserole lid or plastic wrap), and you can store it in the freezer for six months
- Make-Ahead Tips: Cut or cube the chicken, bacon, and veggies, pre-shred the cheese, and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to assemble the casserole.
- Food Safety: If you’d like more info on food safety check out this link.
My family generally asks for a bread side dish like butter swim biscuit, Bisquick biscuits, bakery-worthy no-knead bread, sweet-cakey Bisquick cornbread, or my amazingly buttery, homemade crescent rolls.
I also like to have some extra vegetable crunch like my copycat KFC coleslaw, my meaty Southern collard greens, roasted green beans with pancetta and shallots, brown sugar glazed carrots, Arkansas green beans, or my fresh and fully loaded Mediterranean salad.
How to Make Chicken and Potato Casserole
- Mix together the soups, sour cream, milk, poultry seasoning, and 1 cup of cheddar.
- Fold in frozen vegetables, bacon, onion, chicken, and potatoes.
- Pour the chicken and potato mixture into the prepared ingredients.
- Cover with foil and bake.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and fried onions. Bake uncovered until the cheese melts.
***See the full instructions below.
More Chicken Casserole Recipes
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Chicken Divan
- Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
- TikTok Chicken Cobbler
- Chicken Fajita Casserole
- Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
- Mexican Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Stuffing Casserole
- Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Poppy Seed Chicken
Craving more delicious recipes?
I hope you’ll join our cooking family! Subscribe to Gonna Want Seconds and receive all our latest recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Absolutely free to you and we never share your email address.
Tried This Recipe?
Leave a review, I love hearing your feedback! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Chicken And Potato Casserole
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cup cheddar cheese, divided shredded
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup bacon cooked + crumbled
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 4 cups chicken cooked + shredded
- 5 medium russet potatoes peeled and cubed into 1/2 inch pieces (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup French’s fried onions
- Arrange oven shelf to middle position. Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC). Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Spray a sheet of foil long enough to cover the baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the soups (1 can condensed cream of chicken soup + 1 can cream of potato soup), sour cream (1/2 cup), milk (3/4 cup), poultry seasoning (1/2 teaspoon), and 1 cup of cheddar.
- Fold in frozen vegetables (1 cup), bacon (1/2 cup), onion (1/4 cup), chicken (4 cups), and potatoes (5 medium).
- Pour the chicken and potato mixture into the prepared dish. Cover the baking dish with prepared foil, nonstick spray side down. Bake for 60-75 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheddar and mozzarella (1 cup) evenly over the top. Sprinkle the French's fried onions (1 cup) over the cheese. Return to the oven and continue to bake, uncovered, until the cheese is melted and the casserole is bubbling, about 8-10 minutes.
Fans Also Made:
On your phone? Check the web story here.