This Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is loaded with creaminess, smokiness, and topped with buttery crispiness! And, it’s super quick to make!
You’re not gonna believe how crazy quick you can whip up this Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole! The flavors and textures blend so well with the nutty flavor of Swiss cheese. Let us not forget the smoky ham, and sour cream adds a little zip. It really is sooo delicious that no one will ever believe how easy it is to make this chicken cordon bleu layered casserole!
Don’t waste your time with chicken cordon bleu casserole pinterest or chicken cordon bleu casserole facebook because the best recipe for shredded chicken cordon bleu casserole is right here!
Another fabulous creamy chicken casserole is my Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. In fact, it’s very similar to Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole, with its ultra creaminess and buttery bread crumb topping. Chicken and broccoli always work well together, but when you bake them with some gooey cheese, a dynamic duo turns into a tremendous trio!
A variation of this recipe is chicken cordon bleu casserole with ritz crackers, which takes the melt-in-your-mouth factor up a few notches. You can also make chicken cordon bleu casserole with rice, which offers a pleasing texture, as well. And, all you have to do to make this recipe chicken cordon bleu casserole keto is to leave out the bread crumbs or top with a low-carb bread crumb substitute.
The only way I can imagine making this Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole recipe any easier would be to make chicken cordon bleu casserole slow cooker. That way, you could put it all together to cook overnight and free up your weekend a little!
How to Make Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole:
Did I mention how easy it is to make this Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole? Well, here’s the evidence!
While the pasta is cooking: Cook the chicken. Cut up the chicken and ham and grate the Swiss. (‘Bout time to drain the noodles!)
In a large bowl, stir together sour cream and soup. Fold in the chicken, ham, Swiss, and cooked noodles. Pour into prepared pan. Mix bread crumbs and melted butter in small bowl. Spread over casserole. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
How easy is that!?!
What Do You Serve With Chicken Casserole
If you’re wondering what to serve with Chicken Casserole, I believe my Roasted Broccoli would be easy, quick, and perfect! You can season it just how you like it, but I just use olive oil, salt, and pepper to let the broccoli speak for itself!
Can You Make Chicken Noodle Casserole Ahead Of Time?
Yep! Prepare the Chicken Noodle Casserole, let cool for about 20 minutes, cover with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate for no more than 24 hours.
How To Freeze Easy Chicken Casserole:
If you’d like to have this fan-tabulous Easy Chicken Casserole ready and waiting in the freezer for unexpected guests, you can prepare it up to 3 months in advance in the freezer with a tight-fitting lid. You may even want to wrap the whole pan in plastic wrap to further protect from freezer burn.
Lots More Chicken Casserole Recipes:
Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
Chicken Tater Tot Casserole is ooey-gooey with cheese and sour cream, packed with tater tots. It’s absolutely mouth-watering!
Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Chicken Tortilla Casserole smells amazingly of cumin, green chilies, and corn tortilla strips soaking up all the creamy goodness. Plus, the texture of the tortillas is delightful. This is a Tex-Mex casserole muy, muy rico!
Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Chicken Broccoli Casserole is a very simple recipe, but we all know that sometimes less really is more, and this dish is proof! Chicken and broccoli and cheese! Oh my!
Chicken Stuffing Casserole
Making Chicken Stuffing Casserole is like making a holiday feast in less than an hour. You can only imagine how good this tastes, right?
Cheesy Chicken Casserole
Cheesy Chicken Casserole is very similar to Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole. The only differences are cheeses and the bread crumb for the topping. Easy peasy!
Mexican Chicken Casserole
We are really mixing up this creamy chicken casserole thing! There are a few differences between the Mexican Chicken Casserole and Chicken Tortilla Casserole – that I’ll write about later.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Ranch dressing, alfredo, and bacon. Need I say more? Seriously, though, Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is like a multicultural flavor bomb in your mouth!
Recipe Notes for Our Creamy Chicken Casserole:
Browning – If the top of the the Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole hasn’t browned after baking for 25-30 minutes, turn the broiler on high and keep a close eye while waiting for it to brown, about 2 minutes.
Crispiness – You can adjust the crispiness of the bread crumb topping by adjusting the amount of butter mixed with the bread crumbs. If you follow the recipe exactly, you will get a really crispy crust, but there’s wiggle room in either direction.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Recipe
I hope you make my Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe and love it as much as I do! Make sure and let me know in the comments below!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 12 ounces dry egg noodles
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups chicken cooked and cubed
- 16 ounces regular sour cream
- 1 cup ham diced
- 1 cup swiss cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to its package instruction just until pasta is al dente. Drain pasta.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix cream of chicken soup (straight from the can-undiluted) and sour cream. Add chicken, ham, swiss cheese and cooked and drained noodles, then fold until everything is evenly coated. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the panko and melted butter. Sprinkle evenly on the top of the casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the casserole is heated through.
- If topping hasn't browned, place under broiler, watching carefully, and broil just until topping is golden brown.
More Casserole Recipes
- Chile Relleno Casserole -Infused with all the taste of a chile relleno without all the mess and fuss!
- Easy Dorito Casserole Recipe – Layered with a zesty beef filling – it has all the flavor of our favorite orange chips without all the hassle of orange finger-tips!
- Chicken Divan– A rich, creamy casserole, Chicken Divan is easy to prepare and store. Packed with broccoli, cheese, and juicy chicken, the dish can feed a small militia!
Source: very slightly adapted from Plain Chicken