This Chicken noodle casserole recipe is straight from my Grandmas’s recipe box. It’s a family favorite comfort food and a stick-to-your-ribs delicious crowd pleaser. This scrumptious little gem pairs with almost any side dish and not many chicken casserole recipes can bring so much to the table! It’s a hearty, wholesome, and economical option.
The best part is that a few simple swaps can easily turn this recipe into chicken and rice casserole, chicken cordon bleu casserole, or even chicken divan. Its really like having 4 different recipes in one. This is a kid-friendly mom-approved favorite that can save a midweek meal or spruce up a friendly potluck.
Check it out….
This classic chicken noodle casserole recipe is a testament to all that our favorite white meat has to offer.
- Simple, quick, versatile
- Delicious comfort food
How To Make Chicken Noodle Casserole Recipe
This easy chicken noodle casserole recipe can be on the table in just over half an hour.
All you need to do is boil up the noodles, sauté your veggies and mix up your sauce ingredients. Now combine everything in a casserole dish, cover it with cheese and toss it in the oven.
Easy peasy and delicious!
When starting this cheesy chicken noodle casserole, it’s important to sauté your veggies first. Don’t skip this step. It brings out their balanced mellow flavors and produces a more cohesive flavor profile in the finished product. Trust me on this one.
Pasta – One important thing, though. Be sure you only cook your pasta just until al dente so it doesn’t turn into a mushy mess in the oven.
You’ll also want to use a hearty type of pasta that can withstand the high oven temp without disintegrating. For instance, I don’t recommend angel hair for this recipe.
All about that crunch. Want to really jazz up this casserole? Sprinkle some crushed crackers over the top after baking, when the cheese is still bubbly and gooey. The extra texture is drool-worthy, while the added flavor of the cracker packs a fun punch.
Tools to Make
To say that this chicken noodle casserole recipe comes with a big red easy button is an understatement. The main thing you need to pull this off is a 9×13 casserole dish. Simplicity at its finest!
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
Casseroles and storage go hand in hand. Simply transfer your chicken noodle casserole recipe to an airtight container and it’ll stay fresh and yummy in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Can You Freeze This?
Yes, but as with all pasta dishes, the pasta texture will get quite a bit softer and a lot of the sauce will be absorbed. If you choose to go ahead with freezing, it will last up to six months if stored properly in an airtight container.
Chicken Cheese Casserole Make Ahead Tips
This chicken cheese casserole recipe comes together so quickly once you start, but there are a few ways to speed things along if you plan ahead.
You can break down your rotisserie chicken up to four days in advance (make sure to store your chicken pieces in a sealed container in the fridge!). You can also prepare the sauce and store it up to four days as well.
One thing I love to do for meal prep help is to pre-chop all my veggies and store them in the fridge. A lot of vegetables can last up to a week or more if treated properly!
This heart chicken noodle casserole recipe is ideal when you have a craving for the classic chicken noodle soup but you need to feed a crowd or you just need a quick wholesome meal. Pair it with a crisp vinaigrette salad and some buttery roles and you’re good to go!
Of course, you could always just make Instant Pot chicken noodle soup if you’re so inclined. That’s one way to cure the craving!
There are so many delicious things you can do with this easy cheesy chicken noodle casserole recipe, it’s gonna’ be your new favorite recipe!
- Make a few simple swaps and grab some flour tortillas to roll up some scrumptious honey lime chicken enchiladas.
- Trade the pasta for Stove Top Stuffing to whip up a chicken stuffing casserole reminiscent of your favorite holiday flavors.
- Add some chopped chiles and corn tortillas for a chicken tortilla casserole so good they’ll be doing the Mexican Hat Dance around the table.
- Add some chili powder and jalapeno can turn this into an Ah-ma-zing chicken spaghetti casserole with layers of bold rich flavor.
- Tender broccoli, gooey cheese, and buttery bread crumbs can turn this into a crave-worthy chicken broccoli rice casserole your family will love you for serving!
If you’re hungry for more more casserole recipes to spruce up dinner, the possibilities are endless.
- Mexican Chicken Casserole
- Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
- White Chicken Enchiladas
Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 8 ounces dried spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 10.75 ounces cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 fully cooked rotisserie chicken shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until just al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter then saute mushrooms and onion until both are nice and soft.
- In a large bowl mix soup and sour cream until blended. And cooked mushrooms, onion, chicken and spaghetti and fold until everything is evenly coated with sauce.
- Pour spaghetti into a 9x13 dish and top with cheese. Bake in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until casserole is heated through.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRate This Recipe