Who doesn’t want an easy, delicious meal the whole family will love? Try our crowd-pleasing Chicken Tater Tot Casserole tonight.
Chicken tater tot casserole and our Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole are two great ways to start the day. They work for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and meet the definition of quick, easy, and delicious.
This creamy chicken tater tot casserole with sour cream overflows with flavor and a delectable texture. Great to serve at parties, potlucks, or any meal when I’m looking for something hearty, gooey and easy-to-make.
How to Make Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
Chicken tater tot casserole is easy to prepare. Spray cooking spray on a 9 x 13 pan . Blend soup, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, milk, lemon juice, bacon, ranch dressing mix, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl, then stir in the chicken. Transfer the chicken/ mix to the baking dish and place the tater tots/ cheese. Bake, then after it’s cooled sprinkle fresh parsley and serve up your creamy chicken tater tot casserole Facebook ready meal.
Variations on Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
There are some amazing ways you can tweak this chicken tater tot casserole Food Network style for a delicious meal.
BBQ Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
Offer BBQ sauce on the side for dipping, or layer it on over the casserole before or after you bake. I personally like to add a bit to the creamy sauce, as well as drizzling some across the whole top immediately after the casserole comes out of the oven.
Chicken Tater Tot Casserole Without Soup
Another variation is axing the cream soups and replacing them with sour cream, cream cheese, and a little milk. You’ll need a ratio that equals the same basic creamy to liquid content of the soup, which is where the milk comes in. Use the milk to thin the cream cheese and sour cream to create the perfect texture.
This is a great alternative for anyone who would like a gluten free breakfast casserole.
Mexican Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
Another popular variation is turning this casserole into a Mexican chicken tater tot casserole. Simply change up the spices and cheeses a bit.
Chicken tater tot casserole with sour cream makes for a creamy, rich meal that the whole family is sure to enjoy. So I like to accompany it with well-balanced options loaded with veggies.
Some of the best beverages to serve with creamy chicken tater tot casserole Best Bites include Southern-style sweet iced tea or lemonade. Traditionally, Southern sweet tea uses a black tea blend or offer a blend of teas for an intriguing taste that melds with the sugar for a delightfully sweet, cooling drink.
Basically, anything that tastes great with a hearty, creamy dish will taste great with chicken tater tot casserole.
More Yummy Chicken Casserole Recipes:
If you need more yummy chicken casserole recipes, I’ve created a list of my favorites that you might like.
Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Looking for a Tex-Mex meal? The chicken tortilla casserole is a delicious mix of rotisserie chicken, cream soups, chickens, tortilla strips, and zesty spices for a delightful dish your whole family will love.
Chicken Noodle Casserole
Combining the creaminess of Cream of chicken soup, the gooeyness of cheese, and the glorious slurp of a good spaghetti noodle, the Chicken Noodle Casserole is sure to please the whole family. It’s also great for potlucks and parties.
Creamy Chicken Casserole
If you’re looking for the ultimate creaminess in casseroles, check out the Creamy Chicken Casserole. Your whole family is going to go crazy over it.
Easy Chicken Casserole
The name of this recipe says it all: Easy Chicken Casserole really is easy. And delicious. So it’s a crowd pleaser all around — you love it because it’s easier, they love it because it’s completely yummy. Win-win.
Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Chicken broccoli casserole is often a guest at our table. Broccoli, and chicken combined with cheese are a natural fit. In this Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole, you get it all and more. So good, you’re gonna want seconds!
Chicken Stuffing Casserole
Who doesn’t love chicken with stuffing? How much better is a chicken stuffing casserole you can dish up any time? Follow the simple instructions for something totally delicious and homey.
Cheesy Chicken Casserole
A good scoop of cheesy goodness is hard to resist. Try the Cheesy Chicken Casserole this week for a quick, easy dinner everyone’s going to go gaga for.
Mexican Chicken Casserole
Mexican Chicken Casserole gives you all you want in a hearty meal. Spice, creaminess, chicken, deliciousness. The whole family is going to love this one.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Another one of the best combinations of flavor is chicken and bacon together. Toss in ranch dressing, and you’ve got the perfect meal. The Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is a tasty, easy-to-make meal that everyone is going to love.
Chicken Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
I hope this Chicken Tater Tot Casserole Recipe frequently visits your table as it does at ours. This casserole provides for you to let your creativity flow so have at it, and enjoy!
Recipe Notes For Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
Chicken: In chicken tater tot casserole, ingredients sort of blend together, mixing and smooshing into a delicious heap of creamy, cheesy goodness. Any cooked chicken you happen to have on hand is perfect for this dish as it’ll meld with all those other ingredients. (Yes, you can use leftovers!)
Rotisserie chicken works well with this recipe, and I love the simplicity.When I’m out shopping, I try to always pick up an extra rotisserie chicken. Even if I freeze it, they never go to waste.
Big family barbeque leftovers? Grilled chicken is a winner in this recipe.
If you’re really ambitious and want to start with uncooked chicken, it’s still easy to put together. It doesn’t matter if you poach the chicken, chop it, or shred it. Whatever works for you.
Adding Vegetables: I haven’t added any vegetables to this recipe but, adding cooked or thawed frozen veggies make a great addition to this casserole!!! If you choose to add the extra vegetables, just make sure you thaw them and drain them with extra care. You don’t want any extra water in this dish—it dilutes the cheese and sauce, thinning away that wonderful creaminess that makes this recipe so good.
Adding vegetables has the extra benefit of eliminating the need for a side dish. That’s why I often add them when I’m running short on time. Broccoli especially helps to fill the recipe out in nutrition and substance, making sure no one goes away hungry.
Cooking: With this recipe for chicken tater tot casserole, ovens need to be watched carefully. There are some pretty specific baking instructions in the recipe, and while you won’t ruin the dish by leaving the cover on the whole time (as an example), it certainly won’t have the texture that you’re looking for. Because casseroles are so thick and often have many layers, you want to follow the baking instructions on your recipe as best you can.
Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
Who doesn't want an easy, delicious meal the whole family will love? Try our crowd-pleasing Chicken Tater Tot Casserole tonight.
- 2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 6-8 Slices Bacon Cooked and Chopped
- 1 1 Ounce Package Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 Cups Chicken Cooked and Cut into Large Cubes
- 1 32 Ounce Package Frozen Tater Tots
- 1 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1/4 Cup Flat Leaf Parsley Chopped (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 X 13 with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, milk, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, bacon, ranch dressing mix, and black pepper until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chicken. Transfer into the prepared baking dish. Top with Tater Tots then cheese.
- Cover the casserole and bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes or until heated through and golden.
- Top with parsley and serve.
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.
More Delicious Casserole Recipes!
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole – Our Easy Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole takes minutes to assemble. Truly a perfect one-dish meal for a family breakfast, fancy brunch, or a church potluck! Chile Relleno Casserole -Infused with all the taste of a chile relleno without all the mess and fuss!
- Easy Dorito Casserole Recipes – Layered with a zesty beef filling – it has all the flavor of our favorite orange chips without all the hassle of orange finger-tips!
- Cabbage Roll Casserole – Hearty and filling, while simultaneously being quick and easy to put together!
- Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole -Chicken, rice, broccoli, all baked in a super, creamy, easy sauce, topped with lots of gooey cheese and buttery breadcrumbs.
- Chicken Tamale Casserole -Thick layer of a delicious, sweet corn pudding topped with chicken, a little sauce, and loads of gooey melted cheese!
- Sweet Corn Casserole– Our sweet corn casserole is cozy and comforting, a perfect side or main dish for any fall dinner table
- Chicken Tortilla Casserole– Always a hearty family favorite, Chicken Tortilla Casserole makes the most of convenient ingredients while packing tons of rich flavor in every creamy bite!
- No Peek Chicken – Ready for quick and delicious, No Peek Chicken nails it. Impressive enough for a special night, yet it’s perfect for a family dinner!
- Chicken Divan– A rich, creamy casserole, Chicken Divan is easy to prepare and store. Packed with broccoli, cheese, and juicy chicken, the dish can feed a small militia!
- Bisquick Breakfast Casserole – This easy cheesy Bisquick Breakfast Casserole is loaded with sausage, egg, potatoes, and peppers. Famished folks, this feast has your name on it!