Crack chicken spaghetti bake is one of those creamy dreamy chicken spaghetti recipes that comfort as it fills hungry tummies. Chicken pasta recipes are some of the most popular chicken recipes for good reason. Chicken has a subtle flavor that marries well into satiating pasta recipes.
What I Love About This Recipe
I love everything about this recipe, but alright, here are my top choices!
- Creamy cheesy delicious
- Comforting and kid-friendly
- Super easy and it feeds a crowd
How To Make Crack Chicken Spaghetti Bake Recipe
Cook pasta in unsalted water and drain. Then mix all the ingredients for the sauce. Pour the sauce over the pasta and mix it well. Transfer it in the baking dish and bake!
Chicken Spaghetti Bake Recipe Notes
Otherwise, it’s as easy as mixing the ingredients and popping your dish into the oven.
Skip the envelopes and grab a jar like this of dry Ranch dressing mix. Besides, it’s one of those ingredients that I like to have a large quantity on hand because I use it all the time! Here’s the rest of what you need.
- Mushroom Soup – I prefer low sodium cream of mushroom here because we’re adding bacon and it’s already salty.
- Sour Cream – Full fat sour cream works best, your favorite brand please.
- Cheddar – Sharp cheddar. Pre-shredded is just fine or for a creamier dish if you can shred your own.
Your yummy crack chicken spaghetti bake stores best in an airtight container in the fridge but don’t count on having much leftover, especially if it goes to a potluck. This delicious cheesy chicken pasta gets gobbled up quickly.
Can You Freeze This?
Unfortunately, this recipe doesn’t freeze well. The milky cream tends to separate in frozen temperatures and pasta can be finicky as well. The GOOD news is that it’s built with wholesome convenience items that only take a few minutes to throw together!
Make Ahead Tips
To make things easier (if that’s even possible) you can make the sauce beforehand and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to make the pasta. You can also put the whole thing together and store it in the fridge overnight before baking it.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
This will stay fresh and yummy for 3 days in the fridge when properly stored in an airtight container. For best results, cool completely before preparing it for storage and reserve the FDA recommended 2-hour serving rule.
More Spaghetti Recipes
- Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Chicken Spaghetti with Rotel
- TikTok Spaghetti
Crack Chicken Spaghetti Bake
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans low sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 pound bacon, divided, chopped, cooked, and drained
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, divided, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions, in unsalted water, just until al dente. Drain. Return pasta to the cooking pot.
- While spaghetti cooks, make the sauce. In a large mixing bowl stir together soup, sour cream, milk, Ranch dressing mix, dill, chicken, half of the cooked bacon, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese until mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Pour sauce over pasta, toss to evenly coat. Spread coated pasta evenly in prepared baking dish. Spray a sheet of aluminum foil, large enough to cover baking dish, with nonstick cooking spray. Cover dish, cooking spray side down, and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, uncover, sprinkle top evenly with remaining 2 cups of cheddar and remaining bacon. Return to oven, continue to cook until cheese melts and casserole is heated through, about 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.