Few recipes can make me smile just by saying the name, but instant pot spaghetti is euphoric! And this recipe has all the ingredients and steps you’d expect of something simple yet delicious.
This pasta recipe is my go-to for crazy weekdays when I want a hot meal but can’t handle hours of cooking. I adore my Instant Pot — how did we do weeknight dinners before it?? — and this spaghetti recipe is the epitome of everything wonderful about it.
This is one of the easiest pasta recipes and one of the quickest spaghetti recipes out there! I hope you’ll try my spaghetti with ground beef, million dollar spaghetti, and the crazy viral TikTok spaghetti.
Let’s make this speedy spaghetti!
What I Love About Instant Pot Spaghetti Recipe
- Dinner in 30 minutes!
- One pot, one clean-up
- Hearty, gooey pasta + sauce
- Filling and fast!
Instant Pot Spaghetti Ingredients
- Vegetable Oil: Use any neutral-flavored vegetable oil.
- Meat: I like 80/20 ground beef in this spaghetti. Feel free to use a lower fat ground meat if you’d like.
- Onion: I use yellow onion.
- Garlic: Use fresh garlic, not the stuff that comes already minced in the jar.
- Carrot: The natural sweetness in carrots balances the acidity of the tomato in the spaghetti sauce.
- Italian Seasoning: This is a combo of marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory, sage, oregano, and basil all in one jar.
- Salt + Pepper
- Jar Spaghetti Sauce: Use your favorite jar sauce or 24 ounces of homemade marinara sauce.
- Pasta: I like Barilla.
Storing + Freezing
- How Long Will This Keep In The Fridge: This will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days. Keep in mind as this sits in the fridge, the pasta will absorb more sauce and will change in texture.
- Can You Freeze This? Yes, this technically can be frozen but the texture of the pasta will become mushy. I only serve this fresh.
- Make-Ahead Tips: Honestly, my instant pot spaghetti recipe is make-ahead friendly from start to finish! This is the “oops I forgot to plan dinner” recipe that you can whip up in no time.
- Do you still want to save a few extra minutes? Prep your onion, garlic, and carrot, and store in the fridge for up to one week.
- Food Safety: If you’d like more info on food safety check out this link.
More Spaghetti Recipes
Pasta for dinner is a delight that’s hard to break! So why fight it? There’s a past meal for every night of the week!
- Chicken Spaghetti
- Italian Spaghetti
- Spaghetti Pie
- Mexican Spaghetti
- Chicken Spaghetti with Rotel
- Baked Spaghetti With Cream Cheese
- Taco Spaghetti
- Baked Spaghetti
Instant Pot Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water divided
- 1 (24-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti broken in half
- Turn Instant Pot on saute function. Add the vegetable oil (1 tablespoon) when the display reads "hot". Add the beef (1 pound), onion (1 cup), garlic (4 cloves), carrot (1/4 cup), Italian seasoning (1 teaspoon), salt (1 teaspoon), and pepper (1/2 teaspoon). Cook, stirring often and breaking up beef into large pieces, until the beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off saute setting and 1/2 cup water. Stir, scraping up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot. Pour in the sauce (1 jar) and mix until combined.
- Over the beef spread the broken spaghetti (8 ounces) into 2 layers. Do NOT stir. Pour the remaining 1 1/2 cups water over the pasta, again not stirring!
- Lock the lid and set the valve to seal. Set the function to "manual mode-high pressure" for 8 minutes. The instant pot will start on its own.
- Switch the valve to the "venting" position to completely release steam before opening the lid. If any sauce comes out in the jet of steam, close the vent and release the steam in bursts.
- Carefully remove the lid (there will likely still be remaining steam). Mix the noodles with the sauce. Allow to sit for 4-5 minutes to thicken before serving.
Fans Also Made: