Looking for pasta perfection in about 30 minutes? This instant pot spaghetti and meatballs recipe has got you covered! It’s one of the fastest spaghetti recipes with homemade meatballs around! I love pasta recipes for their quick prep and universal appeal.
My instant pot spaghetti and meatballs were an “Instant” hit at my house, and I loved that it was a one-pot meal. It’s perfect during midweek madness when you’ve got limited time to cook- not to mention clean!
Grab your Instant Pot and get ready to make some kitchen magic!
What I Love About Instant Pot Spaghetti And Meatballs Recipe
This instant pot spaghetti and meatballs have so many great things going for it! Here are my favorites:
- One-pot wonder
- On the table in about 30 minutes
- Flavorful sauce
- Super moist and tender meatballs
Instant Pot Spaghetti Recipe Notes
The key to successful Instant pot spaghetti is paying attention to the order the ingredients go in the pot, particularly when adding the pasta.
Also important for cooking your pasta with your Instant pot meatballs and sauce is the crisscross pattern of the spaghetti. It will clump together if you leave it in one big handful.
The Pot: Instant pots vary from model to model. I’ve found the sauté function can get quite hot on some, and there is no option for temperature control.
The easiest way I’ve found for controlling the heat in this type of pot is to simply turn it off for a few minutes if it is getting too hot. You can also flip over to the slow cooker or other functions to see what kind of heat boost they give you. Use a long-handled spatula or spoon when stirring on sauté, so you don’t have to stick your hand so far down in the pot.
- Red wine: The wine brings added acidity and depth to the sauce, but you can either omit it or use a little extra beef broth instead.
- Carrot: The carrot brings some sweetness to the sauce, so don’t skip it! When it is finely shredded, the carrot cooks down so you don’t notice it!
- Pasta options: You can use other types of long pasta, like linguine or fettuccine. They might need an extra minute or two to cook completely.
Spaghetti Storing Tips
I suggest storing your spaghetti in a glass bowl with a tight-fitting lid. The tomato base can react with metal and stains plastic. Glass has the added bonus of just popping in the microwave to reheat!
Can You Freeze This?
You can freeze this instant pot spaghetti and meatballs recipe, but the texture of the noodles might not hold when you reheat it. Of course, it will still taste delicious!
Make Ahead Tips
You could make the meatballs up to a day ahead of time and store them in the fridge. Just make sure they are tightly wrapped, so they don’t dry out! Otherwise, this recipe is so quick that making ahead typically isn’t necessary.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
According to FDA guidelines, this instant pot spaghetti and meatballs will hold 3-4 days in the fridge.
More Spaghetti Recipes
- Chicken Spaghetti
- Million Dollar Spaghetti
- Taco Spaghetti
- Baked Spaghetti
- TikTok Meatballs
- Italian Spaghetti
Instant Pot Spaghetti And Meatballs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, -divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 1 1/2 cups onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, 80/20
- 1/2 pound loose Italian sausage
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- Turn Instant pot onto saute function. Add the olive oil when the display reads "hot". Add the onion, garlic, carrot, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and cook until soft and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes and wine then cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. (lower the sauté function to low or briefly turn the machine off if the sauce splatters too much).
- Meanwhile, make the meatballs; in a medium bowl, add milk and bread and let sit for 10 minutes. Mash with a fork to form a paste. Add the rest of the meatball ingredients and use your fingers to knead and combine the mixture. Roll the meat mixture into 1--1 1/2 inch meatballs.
- Pour 1 cup of beef broth into the sauce, scraping up all the brown bits on the bottom of the pan (do not skip or the burn light may turn on). Add meatballs to the pot directly into sauce.
- Break the spaghetti noodles in half and place in a 2 layer crisscross pattern over the sauce. Drizzle top with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pour the remaining 2 cups of beef broth over the pasta. Do not stir.
- Lock the lid and set the valve to seal. Set function to "manual mode-high pressure" for 8 minutes. The instant pot will start on its own.
- Switch the valve to the "venting" position to completely release steam before opening lid. If any sauce comes out in the jet of steam, close the vent and release the steam in bursts.
- Carefully remove the lid (there will likely still be remaining steam). Gently fold the noodles with the sauce. Allow to sit for 4-5 minutes to thicken and pasta is al dente, before serving.
My kids loooove this. I also love this coz I don’t have time! Thank you for this recipe!
Yay! Thank you so much, Kris. I’m happy your kids like this 🙂
Maybe I missed it but when do you add the meatballs?
Hi! Sorry, there was an editing error. They are added in step 4.
Maybe i MISSED SOMETHING….BUT WHEN DO YOU ADD THE MEATBALLS??
Hi Jan. Sorry I had an editing error. Add them in step 4. 🙂