Our Pizza Fries are piled high with loads of delicious seasoning and mozzarella cheese. Possibly the best Football Sunday dish to ever exist!
Nothing compliments a cool fall Sunday quite like a plate of gooey pizza fries. Sunday’s during the most colorful season of the year make me feel all warm and cozy. Cue close family gatherings around the dinner table, football games, comfy clothes…and back to that plate of previously mentioned gooey pizza fries. Simple, but so delicious, this sassy French fry pizza will have you and your football guests wondering why all pizzas aren’t made on a bed of french fries. Warning, these pizza fries could be habit forming. While you ponder that, I’ll get to the recipe.
WHAT I LOVE MOST ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- Also called pizza hut fries, the pizza/french fry combo can’t be beat
- Pizza french fries are the perfect (simple) party appetizer
- I can top these with endless combos– creative with toppings
SAVE THIS PIZZA FRIES
TO YOUR APPETIZER OR SNACK BOARD FOR LATER
WE’D LOVE TO BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Pizza Fries?
My pizza fries recipe goes easy on the ingredient list and the wallet, which makes for a very appealing snack for parties. Just like the pizza fries Tasty whips up, my fries include frozen shoestring french fries, pizza sauce, Italian seasoning, pepperoni, and, of course, lotsa Mozzarella cheese.
A true Italian pizza fries recipe like ours is something you can toss together easily when you feel like cheating on your low cal diet. That said they are hard to share, so be mindful of those around you. I know that any pizza fries near me will end up devoured, so when you head out to purchase ingredients, it sure won’t hurt to stock up!
How To Make The Perfect Pizza Fries:
This part is even easier than buying the 5 ingredients necessary to create this to-die-for recipe. You’re only a few short steps away from an amazing plate of the same exact pizza fries restaurants serve. Follow along…
First, you’ll want to prepare your french fries exactly how it’s instructed on the back of the package. When they’re nice and crispy, pull them out and sprinkle them with salt. Next, you’ll preheat the broiler and drizzle the hot french fries with pizza sauce. Sprinkle Italian seasoning, followed by a little, or a lot, of Mozzarella cheese. Top with pepperoni. Place the pan of fries under your preheated broiler and keep a close eye on them. When your cheese is bubbly and golden, take ‘em out and dish ‘em up!
We want these fries to be perfect, and while there’s not currently a pizza fries wiki how article available, we’ve got you covered. Therefore, I’m happy to offer up a few tips to keep your pizza fries looking and tasting delectable:
- Don’t overcook or undercook your fries. No soggy french fries allowed, and burnt ones are even worse. You want a nice, golden brown crunch.
- Use pizza sauce, not marinara.
- Don’t over broil them. Even with the broiler on low, things heat up in there pronto.
Step By Step: How To Make Pizza Fries
- Cook french fries according to package instructions. Season with salt. Prepare broiler.
- Drizzle with pizza sauce. Spread sauce out a bit.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Top with pepperoni.
- Top with mozzarella. Place pizza fries in the hot broiler. Broil until browned and melted. Garnished with Italian seasoning.
- 1 (28 Ounce) Bag Frozen Shoestring French Fries
- 1/2 Cup Pizza Sauce
- 2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning, Plus More For Garnish
- 4 Ounces Pepperoni
- 1 1/2 Cups Mozzarella, Shredded
- Prepare french fries according to package instructions cooking until crisp. Season with salt.
- Preheat Broiler.
- Drizzle hot fries with pizza sauce and spread out a bit. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, pepperoni, and mozzarella.
- Place pizza fries under the hot broiler, watching closely, and broil until cheese is browned and melted. Sprinkle the top of fries with Italian Seasoning for garnish. Serve immediately!
Recipe Notes For Pizza Fries
French Fries: Technically, you can use any type of frozen french fry for this recipe. Just make sure that they are cooked to a crisp perfection. While it may be that shoestring fries aren’t for everyone (blasphemy), they are the best at creating the “crust”. However, fry experimentation is encouraged!
Loaded: I mentioned earlier that one of my favorite things about this recipe is the fact that it’s so versatile. If you love toppings, there is no need to stop at pepperoni! This basic little concoction can easily become a top-notch loaded pizza fries recipe. Add whatever you like, from green peppers to olives, and beyond!
Garlic: It’s easy peasy to make these football favorites for garlic lovers. My recommendation for a great garlic pizza fries recipe is to simply sprinkle the pizza sauce with garlic powder before broiling to give it a kick. It doesn’t hurt to pump up the fries themselves with a touch of garlic salt as well. Yum!