Nothing breathes life into a cool fall afternoon quite like a zesty plate of warm gooey pizza fries. These aren’t one of your typical bring-along side dishes, these are sassy habit-forming pizza fries that’ll leave them licking their fingers in eager anticipation of the next batch.
When you cue the comfy clothes and fall football, decadent finger foods like bacon wrapped smokies and walking tacos bring the group together. Whipping up savory snacks like Bisquick sausage balls keeps you out of the kitchen and enjoying the fun with your family.
So, pull out your stretchy pants, turn your phone down and bring your appetite. You are gonna’ love these!
- Also called pizza hut fries, the pizza/french fry combo can’t be beat
- Pizza french fries are the perfect (simple) party appetizer
- I can top these with endless combos– creative with toppings
How To Make Pizza Fries Recipe
Throwing together a batch of these to die for pizza fries is super simple. Just prepare the fries as directed, top to taste and pop them under the broiler for a few minutes.
The key to making these awesome pizza fries da bomb is to prepare the French fries exactly as directed on the package, so they come out nice and crispy. As soon as you get them cooked as directed, pull them out and season them with salt before moving forward with the recipe. Easy peasy!
This savory pizza fries recipe is set up to be simple, convenient, and delicious. But most of all it’s totally customizable. I find that it works best with shoestring fries, but you could also use sweet potato fries for a nice flavor twist. It also helps to use pizza sauce instead of marinara. It does make a difference in the flavor.
Once you eat yourself silly with the pizza fries (and believe me, you will) you can make bacon cheese fries or chili cheese fries.
Tools to Make
Pizza fries is a simple recipe that doesn’t require any special tools or gadgets. The most important thing you’ll need to make this happen is a sheet pan and an oven with a broiler setting.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
Technically, you can keep your pizza fries in the fridge for a day, but they really are best served fresh. It just doesn’t get any better than those warm crispy fries all covered with pizza!
Can You Freeze Them?
No, you don’t want to freeze these babies. You’ll have a hard time not scarfing them down before they get to the living room. Besides, they’re never the same once they get cold.
Make Ahead Tips
Ok here’s the deal. This whole pizza fries dish takes like 6 minutes to make from start to finish. The only real preparation is preheating the oven and cooking the fries. Just be sure to make enough for all present.
Pizza fries are fall finger food to the max! They’re fantastic for watching football, playing cards, sleepovers and just about anything else fun. Plus, the kiddos love ‘em and you can easily substitute your favorite toppings.
You can do so many wonderful things with these tasty pizza fries. Here are a few delicious suggestions.
- Use waffle fries to make your own simple variation of pizza fries.
- Marinade some skirt steak for some intense carne asada fries.
- Swap the shoestring fries for potato slices to make delicious cottage fries.
- Substitute your favorite nacho toppings for some nacho fries that’ll make your head spin.
- Serve up butternut squash fries for a flavor extravaganza!
- 1 (28-ounces) bag frozen shoestring french fries
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, plus more for garnish
- 4 ounces pepperoni
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella, shredded
- Prepare french fries according to package instructions cooking until crisp. Season with salt.
- Preheat Broiler.
- Drizzle hot fries with pizza sauce and spread out a bit. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, pepperoni, and mozzarella.
- Place pizza fries under the hot broiler, watching closely, and broil until cheese is browned and melted. Sprinkle the top of fries with Italian Seasoning for garnish. Serve immediately!
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
Here’s some other scrumptious finger food recipes you may enjoy!
- Eggplant Fries – Oh yeah! I said it.
- Yucca Fries – Mildly sweet and salty with nutty undertones.
- Fried Chicken Wings – One of the best ways to eat chicken wings. Period.
- Fried Shrimp – Crispy savory little morsels of yummy.
- Cajun Fries – For those who like a little spice with their fries.
My conclusion is that I always keep what I need on hand to whip up an awesome plateful of these delicious pizza fries and I think you should too. Once you get a load of these babies, fall will never be quite the same.
The only thing better than the way this crispy golden savory Italian pizza fries smell is the way they taste under all that mozzarella!