Fries come in many forms and all have their place and these air fryer potato wedges are perfect for that thick-and-crispy steakhouse vibe. All of the flavor and none of the grease of deep fry. Come Fry With Me!
Who doesn’t love a crispy potato? A winning wedge is crisped up on the outside, light and creamy on the inside. These fries are great for many reasons, and those are my top two.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges Recipe
Health comes first. With this method, we can have our fries and our heart health too. These wedges are every bit as delicious and crispy as deep-fried—but so much better for you (and your loved ones.) Easier clean up too! That’s a win in my book.
The second reason I love these is that I find it easier to make a smaller batch. Out of habit, I tend to make a full sheet pan when I’m roasting potatoes. That’s MORE than enough for me and my husband. And nobody wants soft and soggy day-old potatoes.
The air fryer allows me to make a smaller batch with ease. And it’s no problem to make more if a company is coming — or the (all-grown-up) kids show up looking for dinner.
On your phone? Check the web story here.
Ingredients You Need For Potato Wedges
- Russet Potatoes: Russets are the perfect choice to create potato wedges that have a crispy exterior and tender interiors.
- Oil: Promotes a crispy exterior.
- Black Pepper
- Chili powder
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Granulated Sugar: I know it sounds weird but most commercial seasoning salts contain sugar and it makes these potato wedges bomb-diggity and not sweet at all!
Tips + Tricks
Storing + Freezing Tips + Make-Ahead Tips
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? This can last in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Can You Freeze This? These potato wedges will last in the freezer for almost a year!
- Make-Ahead Tips: This is best served straight from the air fryer.
Why Are My Air Fryer Potatoes Not Crispy?
Often, the reason your air fryer potatoes aren’t crispy is that too much oil was used. I only use 1 1/2 tablespoons. Be sure to flip them over halfway through cooking so they crisp up on both sides.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Change up the cheese! Make these air fryer potato wedges with cheese like cheddar or pepper jack. Follow the instructions below in step #4, then sprinkle with grated cheese of your choice and close the air fryer until the cheese melts. You generally won’t have to turn the fryer back on, the carry-over heat should do the job nicely.
- Toss With Herbs: These are delicious tossed with chopped fresh herbs such as chives, rosemary, or thyme.
Can You Cook Frozen Potato Wedges In An Air Fryer?
Yes! Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 3 minutes. Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Place wedges in the basket of the air fryer and cook for 20 minutes, turning wedges over halfway through baking time.
How To Make Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Mix the spices. Mix all the spice mixture in a bowl.
- Add olive oil. Stir in olive oil in the spice mixture.
- Toss the potatoes. Add the potato wedges and toss to coat the potatoes with the seasoning.
- Cook. Place the potato wedges in the air fryer, and cook. Flip halfway and sprinkle parmesan cheese.
- Let it melt. Close the basket and let the cheese melt.
- Serve. Sprinkle chives or parsley. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
The complete instructions are below.
More Potato Recipes
- Mashed Potatoes
- Potatoes Au Gratin
- Ranch Potatoes
- Scalloped Potatoes And Ham
- Hashbrown Casserole
- Campfire Potatoes
If you make this air fryer potato recipe, I’d love it if you snapped a photo and tagged me on Instagram, @gonna_want_seconds, or please share this recipe on Pinterest, Facebook, or Yummly! I really appreciate your support, my friends!
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- 2 medium russet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- grated parmesan cheese
- fresh chives or parsley
- Cut each potato (2) in half lengthwise then cut each half into thirds. You will have a total of 12 wedges.
- In a bowl large enough to accommodate all the potatoes mix together paprika (1/2 teaspoon), chili powder (1/2 teaspoon), salt (1/2 teaspoon), black pepper (1/4 teaspoon), garlic powder (1/4 teaspoon), black pepper, and brown sugar (1/4 teaspoon).
- Stir in olive oil (1 1/2 tablespoons) until evenly combined.
- Add the potato wedges and toss to coat the potatoes with the seasoning. (You can also do this entire step in a large resealable plastic bag instead).
- Preheat an air fryer to 400°F by running it for 3 minutes. Add the potato wedges to the spice and oil mixture and toss to coat the potatoes with the seasoning. (You can also do this entire step in a large resealable plastic bag).
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil. Place wedges in the basket of the air fryer and cook for 15 minutes at 400°F, turning wedges over halfway through cooking time, until crispy and golden brown. Depending on the size of your Air Fryer you might have to fry them in batches.
- Open the basket, sprinkle wedges with parmesan, (do not turn heat back on-there will be enough carry over heat to melt the parm) close the basket for 30-60 seconds to melt the cheese. Transfer to a serving plate, sprinkle with fresh chives or parlsey and serve plain or with your favorite dipping sauce.