Making the perfect air fryer turkey burgers is quick and easy. Super tender, juicy, with a nice crispy crust. These burgers are mixed together and formed in a few minutes then cook in only 11 minutes so they’re perfect for a busy weeknight dinner!
The Best Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
I love this healthy alternative to a standard beef burger. Ground turkey is leaner than most ground beef and is still high in protein.
The air fryer only needs a quick spritz of olive oil so you won’t be adding any extra fat when you cook the patties. Using the air fryer also has the added benefits of not heating up your whole kitchen (perfect for when we have blistering heat!) and because of the standard non-stick coating in the air fryer, the clean-up is quick and easy!
Turkey can be trickier to cook with than ground because of its lower fat content. That’s why the method of cooking and the flavorings mixed in is so important.
The air fryer is the perfect choice of cooking method for this leaner meat. The unit essentially works like a convection oven, searing the exterior while keeping the center nice and juice.
How to Make Air Fryer Turkey Burgers Recipe
On your phone? Check the web story here.
Combine turkey, panko bread crumbs, cheese, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper in a large bowl using your hands. P
Press into four 3/4″ thick patties (should be about 4″ in diameter). Season patties with salt and pepper.
Preheat the air fryer. Spray air fryer basket with olive oil and add burgers in a single layer. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 165°F.
Add cheese to burgers and continue to cook at 375°F for 30-60 seconds.
Place burgers on buns and add additional burger toppings. Enjoy!
How Long Do You Cook Ground Turkey Burgers In An Air Fryer?
When cooked in a preheated 375-degree air fryer, these 3/4 inch turkey burgers cook between 10-12 minutes, or until instant-read registers 165 degrees.
How Long Do You Air Fry Frozen Turkey Burgers?
Uncooked turkey burger patties freeze very well. To cook them, place the frozen turkey patties in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook the patties at 375 for 8 minutes, flip and continue to cook for another 7-8 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165 degrees.
How To Add Cheese To Turkey Burgers In Air Fryer?
After the burgers have cooked until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, open the air fryer, place a thick slice of your cheese of choice, close the fryer and continue to cook at 375 degrees for 30-60 seconds, or until cheese is melted.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Ground Turkey
- Panko Breadcrumbs: Use the unseasoned plain crumbs or the salt will be off for the recipe.
- Monterey Cheese or Pepper Jack Cheese
- Mayonnaise: Best Foods of course!
- Hamburger Buns: I like to use Brioche Buns.
- Thickly Sliced Cheese: I use cheddar.
- Burger Toppings Of Choice
Tips + Tricks
Reheat + Storing + Make-Ahead
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? These air fry turkey burgers will last for 3-4 days in the fridge.
- Can You Freeze This? Yes. Freeze the burger patties for 2-3 months.
- Make-Ahead Tips: This recipe is so easy and quick to make! Here are a few make-ahead tips I can advise.
- Mix together the burger ingredients and make the patties. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until dinner time.
- Make a double batch and freeze half of the uncooked patties in an airtight container.
Can You Substitute Ground Chicken For Ground Turkey?
Yes, ground chicken makes a great substitute in this recipe.
What to Serve With Turkey Burgers
I serve these I slather them with my amazing, quick, and easy burger sauce! I like to serve sweet potato fries or really good salad such as my Mediterranean salad, carrot salad, or easy broccoli salad.
More Fabulous Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey note 1
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 ounces Monterey jack or Pepper Jack Cheese shredded (1/2 cup)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- 4 slices cheese
- 4 hamburger buns toasted and buttered
- sliced tomatoes, onions, lettuce
- Combine turkey (1 pound), panko bread crumbs (1 cup), cheese (2 ounces), mayonnaise (¼ cup), 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl using your hands. Press into four 3/4" thick patties (should be about 4" in diameter). Season patties with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F by running it for 3 minutes. Spray air fryer basket with olive oil and add burgers in a single layer. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 165°F.
- Add cheese to burgers and continue to cook at 375°F for 30-60 seconds.
- Place burgers on buns and add additional burger toppings. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made:
- Use 93% ground turkey -- fat-free ground turkey (99%) will make the burgers tough.