This air fryer meatloaf is deliciously tender and juicy on the inside and has a sweet tomato glaze on the exterior. Since it’s made in the air fryer, there’s no need to heat up your kitchen by baking it in an oven.
I can’t tell you how often we have meatloaf in the dinner rotation at our house. Here are a few more of our favorites: Cracker Barrel meatloaf, Stove Top stuffing meatloaf, brown sugar meatloaf, and Alton Brown meatloaf next. You won’t be disappointed, these recipes are all crazy delish! I promise. ♥
The Best Meat To Use
When I make meatloaf I like to use 80/20 ground beef. It keeps the meatloaf nice and tender and juicy! Leaner combos can’t do that.
Air Fryer Meatloaf Recipe Ingredients
- Soft Bread Crumbs: I make these by tearing pieces of whatever sandwich bread I have on hand, into small pieces.
- Milk: I use whole milk for the best flavor.
- Egg: Use large eggs, best at room temperature.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Adds a lot of flavor and umami.
- Onion: I like yellow onion the best in this meatloaf
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese: You can use any type of cheddar you’d like.
- Italian Seasoning: I like the blend of herbs from McCormick Italian seasoning perfect pinch.
- Salt + Pepper
- Garlic Powder: Adds a light mild garlic flavor.
- Ground Beef: I like 80/20 ground beef but feel free to use a leaner one if you’d prefer.
- Ketchup: I typically use Heinz or Hunt’s brands.
- Brown Sugar: You can use light or dark. I prefer the flavor best with dark brown sugar.
- Yellow Mustard: I use dried mustard in this glaze.
- Ground Ginger: This adds just a little zing to the glaze.
Storing + Freezing + Make-ahead
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? This will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Can You Freeze This? Yes, place it in an airtight container for 3-4 months.
- Make-Ahead Tips: Bake this meatloaf ahead, refrigerate, and reheat.
- Food Safety: If you’d like more info on food safety check out this link.
Serving Recommendations For Air Fryer Meatloaf
How To Make Air Fryer Meatloaf
- Place the soft bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Add milk and soak the bread until it makes a paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix until evenly combined.
- Shape the meat mixture into a loaf.
- Place the loaf in the air fryer basket. Cook.
- Brush the glaze on top and sides of the loaf, and cook for 5 minutes.
***See the full instructions below***
More Yummy Ground Beef Recipes
Can you ever have enough ground beef recipes in your recipe box?
- Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce
- Dorito Casserole
- Beef Noodle Casserole
- Mexican Casserole Recipe
- Million Dollar Spaghetti
- American Goulash
- Hamburger Casserole
Craving more delicious recipes? I hope you’ll join our cooking family! Subscribe to Gonna Want Seconds and receive all our latest recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Absolutely free to you and we never share your email address.
Air Fryer Meatloaf
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped to 1/4 inch
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large mixing bowl soak the soft bread (1/2 cup) and milk (1/4 cup) until it makes a paste.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
- Shape the meat mixture into a loaf.
- Place loaf in air fryer basket.
- Cook at 350°F (177°C) for 15 minutes. While the meatloaf cooks, make the topping.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
- After the meatloaf has cooked, open the air fryer and brush the glaze evenly over the top and sides of the loaf, while it's still in the air fryer basket.
- Close and air fryer and continue to cook at 350°F (177°C) for 5 minutes.
Fans Also Made:
On your phone? Check the web story here.