Pimento Cheese is truly one of my all-time favorite dips. Well, actually, it’s a favorite for the whole family. We can go through gallons of this stuff! When friends try this recipe, they always ask for the recipe!
Now it’s often referred to as, “That Amazing Cheese Dip Thing You Make”! LOL!!! Little do they know that this seemingly humble appetizer is actually a Southern delicacy! This recipe is one my family has been making as long as I can remember. For me, it has just the right combination of cheeses, pimentos, and spices. It’s Classic Pimento Cheese and it couldn’t be simpler to make!
This recipe makes a nice amount so it’s perfect when you’re having more than just a couple of friends over! At my house, it seems we’re always having groups of friends over, you know…….cocktails, potlucks, barbecues. This dip is my go to and always pleases everyone.
Next time you need an appetizer I hope you’ll give this great Southern classic a try. I really think this is the Best Pimento Cheese Dip ever!
I’d love to hear what your favorite is!
Recipe Notes For Pimento Cheese Dip:
Heat: You can adjust the hot sauce to your taste. My hubby does not like much heat at all so I generally make it pretty mild. If you like it hot, just increase the amount of hot sauce.
- Crackers; This is perfect served with almost any type of cracker. My family generally prefers it with Ritz. Nothing fancy, just plain old delicious!
- Celery: It’s also great with celery.
- Grilled Cheese Filling: It’s wonderful to use to make grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Burgers: My hubby loves it topping barbecued burgers instead of plain cheese slices. If you use it for this, I like to use it very cold, straight from the fridge. It melts much quicker than regular slices of cheese.
More Delicious Dips!
Buffalo Chicken Dip -This is a creamy dip of Buffalo Chicken Wings without the mess!
Knorr Spinach Dip Recipe– Cool, creamy appeal of a colorful bowl of Knorr Spinach Dip full of flavorful aromatics and crispy water chestnuts
The Best Pimento Cheese Dip – Simple to make with the right combination of cheeses, pimentos, and spices!
Crack Dip -Our cheesy, creamy, gooey Crack Dip is the gold standard of yum! Loaded with bacon, ranch, and cheddar you’ll be the belle of the ball with this party dip!
The Best Pimento Cheese Dip
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 1/2 Cups Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1-4 Ounce Jar Pimientos Drained and Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon Hot Sauce
- Using an electric mixer, beat all ingredients until well combined and creamy.