This jalapeño popper dip is an ooey-gooey, creamy, slightly spicy dip that’s perfect party food. It’s so addicting, everyone falls in love with it. It’s made with cream cheese, sour cream, 2 more cheeses, jalapeños, and diced green chiles.
This has all the amazing flavors of my baked jalapeño poppers, just a whole lot easier to whip up.
Try my white queso, sausage cream cheese dip (only 3 ingredients for this bowl of YUM), and Mississippi sin dip. These are some of the most popular dip recipes in my recipe box!
Jalapeño Popper Dip Ingredients
- Jalapeño Peppers: I use fresh. Most of the heat in these peppers is contained in the ribs and seeds of the pepper. You can adjust the heat of the dip by adding more of these parts of the pepper, or remove them completely.
- Cream Cheese: Use full fat, not Neufchatel.
- Green Chiles: I buy these diced from a can. I use mild to keep it friendly for heat-sensitive palates. The can doesn’t have a lot of juice in it, but I drain them still.
- Sour Cream: I use the full-fat version for richness.
- Cheddar Cheese: I like extra sharp cheddar. Use whichever type your family prefers.
- Parmesan Cheese: Use either grated or shredded.
- Onion Powder: Adds a nice mild onion flavor.
- Garlic Powder: Adds the perfect garlic flavor.
- Bacon: Everything is better with bacon including this dip!
- Butter: Crisps up the bread crumbs.
- Bread Crumbs: Adds a nice crunch to the top of the dip. Panko crumbs are my favorite in this recipe.
- Parmesan Cheese: Adds a nice cheesy flavor to the topping.
Storing + Freezing + Make-Ahead
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? Place baked jalapeno popper dip in an airtight container and store it in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Can you freeze sausage cream cheese dip? No, dips made with dairy don’t freeze well.
- Make-Ahead Tips: You can prepare the jalapeno popper dip with bacon and pour it into the baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap then store in the fridge. Set out on the counter for about 40 minutes then bake.
- Food Safety: Here’s an article you might want to check out.
This is great served with buttery crackers or slices of a baguette. If you’re serving this at a party, consider adding Bisquick sausage balls, my favorite pimento cheese, Rotel dip, and/or my ham and cheese pinwheels. I promise all of these will rock your party!
How To Make Jalapeno Popper Dip With Fresh Jalapenos
- Mix all the cream cheese mixture ingredients.
- Transfer to the baking dish.
- Mix all the topping ingredients.
- Sprinkle on top of the cream cheese mixture. Bake. Serve.
See the full instructions below.
More Fabulous Dip Recipes
- Mexican Corn Dip
- Cowboy Caviar
- Knorr Spinach Dip
- Hot Corn Dip
- Crab Rangoon Dip
- Beer Cheese Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
Jalapeño Popper dip
- 4 fresh jalapeños, stem, ribs and seeds removed, finely diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6-8 slices bacon, cooked until very crispy and crumbled
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup Panko
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, using a hand-held electric mixer, mix jalapeños (4), cream cheese (8 ounces), green chilies (1 can), sour cream (1/2 cup), 1 cup shredded cheddar, Parmesan cheese (1 cup), bacon (6-8 slices), onion powder (1/2 teaspoon), and garlic powder (1/2 teaspoon) until well combined.
- Transfer mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together melted butter (4 tablespoons), Panko (1 cup), and Parmesan cheese (1/3 cup). Sprinkle topping evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake dip in the preheated oven, until 15-20 minutes, or until heated through and breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Fans Also Made:
On your phone? Check the web story here.
Yummmmoh! Perfect for my upcoming birthday!
Happy Birthday Jennifer. I hope you enjoy this delicious dip!