This is one of those homey, easy to prepare, delicious dinners I love for a midweek meal. Everyone in my family is happy when I serve this. It has lots of chunks of chicken, veggies and a mild yummy tomato sauce. I serve it over rice to make sure you can sop up any extra tomato sauce. This recipe is also really good for you. The chicken is cooked in the tomato sauce instead of being sauteed first so there is no extra oil. The veggies get all soft so your kids will hopefully eat them without even realizing they are in there(you could probably sneak extra in if you like). I think this is even better the next day if your lucky enough to have some left over. Next time your busy, but still need a quick and tasty meal, try this one out!
Quick Mexican Chicken
- 6 Chicken Breast Halves Boneless and Skinless
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper Chopped
- 1 Medium Russet Potato Diced
- 2 15 Ounce Canned Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Optional **Canned Chipotle in Adobo
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- Cooked Rice
In a large saucepan add all ingredients. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook over medium-low heat until chicken is cooked through and potato is soft. Serve over cooked rice
- **NOTE: I cut one pepper in half and use in this recipe. You can add more if you like the heat. Freeze the extras from the can in little snack ziplocs and store in the freezer.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.