Our easy crockpot fiesta chicken is a delicious “dump and go” crockpot recipe that makes a creamy Mexican-style chicken for a great taco filling! This recipe is a best friend to any busy person! Seriously.
You throw everything in the crockpot in the morning and when you come home you shred the chicken, add the cream cheese and serve it on tortillas or over rice.
Crockpot Fiesta Chicken Ingredients List
- Chicken Breast
- Beans Black or Pinto
- Green Chiles
- Diced Tomatoes
- Black Olives
- Taco Seasoning
- Cream Cheese
If I’m sort on time, I serve this over cooked white rice but when I have time I serve it over my restaurant-style Mexican rice.
How To Make Crockpot Fiesta Chicken With Cream Cheese
Add all ingredients to crockpot except cream cheese.
Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8 hours or until chicken is extremely tender.
Remove chicken and shred. Add back to crockpot. Add cream cheese, cover and continue to cook on high for 30 minutes. Stir well and serve with tortillas or over rice.
***See the full instructions below.
Storing + Freezing
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? This slow cooker fiesta chicken will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Can You Freeze This? I think this crockpot creamy fiesta chicken is best fresh. It’s so quick to put together why bother freezing it?
- Food Safety: If you’d like more info on food safety check out this link.
More Mexican-Inspired Recipes
- Carne Guisada
- Pozole Verde
- Carne Picada
- Taco Chili
- Mexican Spaghetti
- Mexican Pollo Asado
- Charro Beans
- Fiesta Chicken
Craving more delicious recipes?
Craving more delicious recipes? I hope you’ll join our cooking family! Subscribe to Gonna Want Seconds and receive all our latest recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Absolutely free to you and we never share your email address.
Tried This Recipe?
Leave a review, I love hearing your feedback! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Crockpot Fiesta Chicken
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (7-ounce) can chopped green chiles, with liquid
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 (8-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) can black olives, drained
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed and at room temperature
- Add all ingredients to crockpot except cream cheese.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8 hours or until chicken is extremely tender.
- Remove chicken and shred. Add back to crockpot. Add cream cheese (8 ounces), cover and continue to cook on high for 30 minutes. Stir well and serve with tortillas or over rice.
Fans Also Made: