This crockpot chicken and gravy is pure comfort food that is always a huge family favorite! This is one of my crockpot chicken that is a snap to put together with just a few easy to find ingredients. Whenever you’re craving a downhome meal that tastes as Grandma cooked for hours to make it for you, this is your recipe!
Since crockpot recipes are great to prepare any time of the year, comfort food is always at your fingertips regardless of the weather outside.
What I Love About This Recipe
- Prep consists of dumping everything in the crockpot
- Tastes just like my Grandma’s recipe
- My whole family loves this
- Uses easy to find ingredients
Crockpot Chicken And Gravy Recipe Notes
Seasoning: I keep the seasoning simple in this dish. If you want to add another level of flavor, thyme is nice in the gravy. Don’t add any salt because the soup and broth already contain it.
Soup: Use the low sodium version so the gravy doesn’t get too salty.
Gravy Packets: This is also delicious made with brown gravy mix in place of the chicken gravy
Storing Tips: This will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Just keep it in an airtight container.
Freezing: Yes you can freeze this in an airtight container for 4 months.
How To Make Crockpot Chicken And Gravy
Just add the soup, gravy packets, water, pepper, and garlic powder to the crockpot and whisk until smooth. Nestle the chicken pieces in the sauce.
Cook until tender then shred. Stir in sour cream and serve!
What To Serve With Crockpot Chicken And Gravy
Of course, you need something to sop up the yummy creamy gravy so rice, mashed potatoes or homemade Bisquick biscuits are always a must. My grandma used to serve this with Southern green beans or Arkansas green beans. They’re always a hit and go fabulously with this. A scoop of Paula Deen corn casserole on the plate with this is heaven!
More Crockpot Favorites
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- Crockpot Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops
- Crockpot Goulash
- Crockpot Potato Soup
- Crockpot Pork Chops
- Crockpot Cashew Chicken
Crockpot Chicken And Gravy
- 1 (10-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 (0.87-ounce) packets dry chicken gravy mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (about 2 pounds) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- mashed potatoes, rice, noodles, or a thick slice of toast
- 1-2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Add the first 5 ingredients to the crockpot and stir until smooth.
- Add the chicken breasts and flip the chicken over in the sauce to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours or until chicken is fork tender.
- Remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred with 2 forks
- Stir in the sour cream until mixture is smooth and add the shredded chicken back to the crockpot. Cover, set on keep warm, and allow to sit for about 10 minutes. Gravy will thicken as it sits.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, noodles, or a thick slice of toast. Garnish with parsley and serve.