Winner Winner Crock Pot Cashew Chicken Dinner! This tender chicken is a family pleaser with authentic Asian flavors and easy common household ingredients.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!! I think they wrote that saying for this recipe. In my book, this dish has everything going for it. It’s really, really delicious. It has a wonderful Asian flavor yet is made with simple to find ingredients. Yay! That means I don’t have to look all over town for hard to find groceries. Best of all, the entire family loves this dish and everyone is happy when I make it for dinner!
This recipe calls for the chicken to be browned in a skillet before you cook it in the crockpot. As much as I LOVE the “dump everything” type of crockpot recipes, this one is worth the extra step. The browning gives the chicken a richer better flavor and better keeps the chicken in whole pieces rather than shreds.
I like to serve this over simple cooked white or brown rice accompanied by a cucumber salad.
More Crock Pot Recipes!
Crock Pot Pork Chops – Mushroom gravy layered on top of tender moist pork chops.
Crock Pot Lasagna – Layers of pasta, creamy cheese, sausage, and fresh basil, a hearty and delicious meal!
Crock Pot Stuffed Sweet Pepper Soup – Meaty and hearty, loaded with flavor!
Crock Pot Cashew Chicken
For The Chicken:
- 2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
For The Sauce:
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger Grated
- A Pinch Dried Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Cup Cashews Chopped
- 3 Green Onions Thinly Sliced
- Cooked Rice
- Trim any visible fat off the chicken.
- Combine the flour and black pepper in 1-gallon resealable bag. Add the chicken and shake to coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in a small bowl then pour over chicken. Cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.
- Add cashews and stir. Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRate This Recipe