Our crockpot stuffed pepper soup has all the wonderful flavors of traditional stuffed peppers made in an easy crockpot soup recipe!
I love this soup! It has that yummy combination of sweet and savory flavors that I’m absolutely crazy about. It’s like a delicious bowl of deconstructed stuffed peppers with a wonderful broth. Look at how hearty this soup is. It’s meaty and has lots of yummy peppers and tomatoes.
Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup Ingredients
- Oil: You can use any neutral flavor oil.
- Ground Beef: I like 80/20 ground beef. If you’d like to lighten the soup up, use ground turkey, ground chicken, or leaner ground beef.
- Onion: I used yellow onion, white onion will work as well. I like to mince my onions so that I don’t get a big chunk in my finished soup.
- Salt + Pepper
- Italian Seasoning: I like McCormick’s perfect pinch Italian seasoning.
- Bell Peppers: I like to use a mix of colors with the bell peppers. I used red, orange, and yellow pepper. I like to chop my peppers small enough so I get a few in each spoonful of soup.
- Brown Sugar: If you’d like a less sweet version you can simply cut down the brown sugar or omit it altogether.
- Tomato Sauce:
- Diced Tomatoes: Add the juices from the can, too.
- Beef Broth: I start with a low-sodium broth so I can control the overall sodium better in the recipe.
- Rice: I like to use long-grain white rice. The rice is cooked separately and then added to the soup.
Storing + Freezing + Make-Ahead
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? Leftovers can be kept in the fridge (in sealed containers) for up to four days.
- Can You Freeze This? Yes! The texture of the rice will change but if you don’t mind that, it will last six months in your freezer
- Make-Ahead Tips: You can make this slow cooker stuffed pepper soup a day or 2 ahead of serving. Just add the rice when you’re ready to serve and heat it back up.
- Food Safety: If you’d like more info on food safety check out this link.
How To Make Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Saute the onions.
- Add beef, salt, and pepper and cook until there is no pink in the beef. Drain and discard fat.
- Pour onion/beef mixture into crockpot.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients to the crockpot, except rice.
- Cover and cook.
- Add rice and continue to cook on high until heated through.
***See the full instructions below.
More Yummy Soups
- Beer Cheese Soup
- Crack Chicken Noodle Soup
- Crack Potato Soup
- Cheeseburger Soup
- Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Chicken Florentine Soup
- Busy Day Soup
- Beef Noodle Soup
- Ham and Bean Soup
- Italian Sausage Soup
- Black Eyed Pea Soup
- Turkey Carcass Soup
Tried This Recipe?
Leave a review, I love hearing your feedback! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3-4 large mixed bell peppers chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, with juices
- 32 ounces beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups raw rice, cooked per package instructions
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil (2 tablespoons) over medium heat. Add the onion (1 medium) and sauté for 7-8 minutes or until it's translucent.
- Add the beef (2 pounds), salt (2 teaspoons), pepper (1 teaspoon), and Italian seasoning (1 tablespoon) then cook until the meat is no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Pour the cooked meat mixture into a crockpot. Add all the rest of the ingredients, except the rice. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or 3-4 hours on high.
- Add cooked rice to the crockpot and cook, covered on high for 15-20 minutes just to heat rice and serve!