Brown Sugar Crock Pot Chicken is one of those crockpot recipes that are super delicious, family-friendly, and super easy to make!
This is one of those wonderful crock pot recipes that have little to no prep.
No need to brown the chicken or even chop a bunch of veggies!
Essentially, you place the chicken in the slow cooker, mix the seasonings and then sprinkle them on, mix the sauce ingredients together and pour it over.
The chicken cooks slowly in a crock pot, for 4-6 hours, making it moist and tender.
This is my “Go To Crock Pot“.
Honestly, regardless of the season, I’m cooking in this baby on a weekly basis!
Winter, Spring, Summer of Fall!
I’ve got something cooking in my crock.
I love the large oval shape because it works well with whatever I’m cooking.
The crock is removable so it’s easy-peasy to clean.
The clips on the top are not used during the cooking time, but rather, are used to secure the lid to the crock for traveling ~~Brilliant!!
The sauce is made with just a few pantry staples, then thicken right before serving, in a saucepan with a bit of cornstarch.
You can use skin on or skinless chicken thighs.
When this recipe is made with skin on thighs, the sauce is even better because some of the fat from the skin melts into the sauce.
I make it and enjoy it, both ways.
Since it’s the summer “bathing suit season”, today I made this with a skinless thigh.
It’s a little more figure friendly that way 🙂
Remember to allow a little time before you serve this to thicken the sauce!
When the chicken has finished cooking in the crockpot, the sauce is watery.
Just remove the chicken to a plate and cover it with aluminum foil.
Use a large ladle to transfer most of the sauce into a saucepan.
Add a mixture of cornstarch and water, heat it up, boil until it’s nice and thick, then pour it back in the crockpot.
Stir or whisk together the thickened sauce with any sauce that might have escaped the ladling process.
Add the chicken back to the crockpot and flip it over to coat it nicely with the sauce.
Now get ready to enjoy some darn good sweet and tender chicken!
I like to serve this with brown or white rice and a simple vegetable.
The tender chicken covered with the sweet brown sugar sauce is the star here.
Everything else takes a back seat and has a supporting role!
Brown Sugar Crock Pot Chicken
- 2 Packages~7 Or 8 Pieces Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 6 Ounces Pineapple Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch Dissolved in 2 Tablespoons Cold Water
- Place chicken in a crockpot.
- In a small dish, stir together salt, pepper, Lawrys Seasoning Salt, and garlic powder. Sprinkle half the mixed seasonings over chicken thighs, then flip the chicken over and sprinkle the other side with the remaining seasoning.
- In another small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, pineapple juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour sauce evenly over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-6, or until tender, depending on the size and thickness of the thighs.
- Remove thighs to a plate and cover. Transfer sauce to a saucepan and stir in the cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil and cook until mixture is nice and thick. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Fans Also Made:
More Crock Pot Recipes:
Crock Pot Pork Chops – Mushroom gravy layered on top of tender moist pork chops
Crock Pot Lasagna – Layers of pasta, creamy cheese, sausage, and fresh basil, a hearty and delicious meal!
Crock Pot Stuffed Sweet Pepper Soup – Meaty and hearty, loaded with flavor!
More Chicken Recipes:
Lemon Pepper Chicken– Easy Lemon Pepper Chicken is a light, crispy chicken with a creamy lemon pan sauce all made in about 30 minutes in one skillet. Hello Dinner!
Crack Chicken– You’ll be addicted to Crack Chicken faster than you can say bacon, ranch, and cheese! This creamy dish can morph to sandwiches, dips, pasta, or even soup.
Source: Adapted From Deep South Dish