This is a delicious, I mean, really delicious salad. It’s made from very simple, humble ingredients that are all easily accessible. Who doesn’t love that? Nothing too expensive or exotic that you have to run all over town hunting for. A few simple ingredients that come together in a really delicious way.
This is the first salad that I ever made that had my kids licking their plates and asking for seconds. Yes, you heard me correctly, they asked for seconds of salad. Now, that made me one happy mommy! Veggies in my kids bellies….that they liked….that they requested!?! Serious, WOW 🙂
As you can imagine, it has become a perennial favorite. I love to serve this when I’m making Mexican Food. With the yummy Lime Dressing and cilantro the flavors go together perfectly.
More Salads to Try!
Tortellini Salad – A tour of Mediterranean, infused with bold zesty, creamy, and tangy flavors!
Pea Salad – Little green gems lend beautiful color and texture to this delicious creamy salad.
7 Layer Salad – Beautiful fresh salad, loaded with texture and layer of flavor!
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 5 Garlic Cloves Minced
- Pinch Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 12 Cups Romaine Lettuce Torn
- 1/2 Red Onion Thinly Sliced
- 1 Tomato Chopped
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper Julienned
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn Thawed and Cooled
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- 1 Mango Chopped
- Make the dressing by adding all ingredients to a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well to combine.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large salad bowl and toss to combine. Toss with dressing to taste right before serving.