Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup
Creamy chicken wild rice soup is a dreamy concoction that has tender succulent chicken, plenty of veggies and layers of luxurious flavor.
Servings 6 -8 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms trimmed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves minced
- 4 carrots peeled and diced
- 4 celery stalks rib diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 64 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 heaping tablespoon Better than Bouillon - chicken flavor
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice blend
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn thawed and drained
- 4 cups chicken cooked and cubed or shredded
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside. Add butter to the Dutch oven and cook onion, garlic, carrots, and celery until they begin to soften about 10-12 minutes. Add mushrooms back to the pot. Sprinkle flour over veggies and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add broth, thyme, Better than Bouillon, rice, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and gently simmer, partially covered, until the rice is just tender about 25-30 minutes.
Add corn, chicken and heavy cream to the soup and simmer gently to blend flavors, 10-15 minutes. Adjust seasoning and serve.
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 668kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 291mg | Potassium: 1220mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 7831IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 3mg