Full of beefy taco flavor, Taco Soup is bursting with meat and beans in a seasoned broth. Pile on your favorite toppings for taco perfection in every bite!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed and minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans chili beans, liquid included
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, liquid included
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes, liquid included
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans diced green chiles, liquid included
- 1 (4.6-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) carton beef broth
- corn chips
- red onions, diced
- cilantro, chopped
- cheddar cheese, grated
- sour cream
Brown the ground beef in a large pot; drain the excess fat and remove to a plate. Add the onion, red pepper, jalapeno, and garlic to the pot and saute in oil until tender. Return the beef to the pot. Stir in taco seasoning, salt, pepper, and oregano.
Add the chili bean, the black beans, the Mexican Stewed tomatoes, petite diced tomatoes, diced green chiles, olives, corn, and broth to the pot.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered for 20-30 minutes.
To serve, ladle soup into individual bowls and top as desired with optional toppings.
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 578kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 1922mg | Potassium: 784mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 675IU | Vitamin C: 30.5mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1.9mg