Here’s a sweet little treat that is perfect any time of the year!
I found this recipe in good ol’ Martha’s holiday cookies magazine.
Yes, another cooking magazine I just couldn’t say no to.
We’ve talked about that little problem of mine!
Any who, these babies are flippin amazing.
If you like coconut, and let me tell you I do, you MUST whip up a batch of these.
I mean, two little coconut cookies sandwiching a delicious sugary, vanilla filling?
These really ROCK!
The recipe says to refrigerate the finished cookies before serving.
I like them refrigerated overnight to be honest.
This gives the filling a chance to “set” a bit so it doesn’t squish out when you eat the cookies.
More importantly, it makes the cookies nice and chewy.
I encourage you to make these as soon as possible.
I think you should just make a batch for yourself.
You Sooo deserve it!
- Yield : 2 1/2 Dozen
- All Purpose Flour - 2 Cups
- Baking Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Sweetened Shredded Coconut-Divided - 1-7 Ounces Package
- Unsalted Butter, Softened - 3/4 Cup
- Sugar - 1/2 Cup
- Light Brown Sugar, Lightly Packed - 1/2 Cup
- Egg, Large - 1
- Vanilla Extract - 1 Teaspoon
- Unsalted Butter, Softened - 1/2 Cup
- Powdered Sugar - 1 Cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Reserve ½ cup coconut and set aside. Place remaining coconut in a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground.
- In a standing electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars on medium high speed until mixture is fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture and ground coconut gradually, just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Using a small cookie scoop (I use OXO), scoop a level scoop and place on a silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet 1-2 inches apart. Bake until lightly golden around edges about 10-12 minutes
- Meanwhile, make the filling. In a standing electric mixer, beat butter on medium high speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to medium and gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Beat mixture until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Dividing evenly (eyeball it), spread filling on flat side of half the cookies. Top with second half of cookies. Roll edges in reserved coconut and chill until set or overnight for a softer cookie (Yay). Store cookies in fridge.