This is one of my favorite ways to prepare a pot roast.
A few simple ingredients and a long, slow roast it in the oven or crock pot and dinner practically cooks itself.
The meat comes out incredibly tender.
I like to serve this with a salad and some mashed potatoes.
Actually, the mashed potatoes are a must so you can eat all the yummy gravy this recipe makes!
I make this recipe either with a London Broil or a Chuck Roast.
Both cuts of meat work well.
London Broil is leaner and obviously heart healthier.
It comes out fork tender but because it’s so lean it’s not quiet as moist.
If you use a chuck roast, because it has a good deal of fat, you’ll need to skim off the fat at the end of the cooking time so you’ll have a lovely gravy.
This recipe can be made in a crock pot or baked in the oven.
This is my favorite Crock-Pot .
I use it to fix dinner probably at least once a week.
It’s large oval shape nicely accommodates the large 4-5 pound roast used in this recipe.
More Crock Pot Recipes
Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese – This recipe is coated with a cheesy flavored white sauce infused with deliciousness for the fam!
Crock Pot Pork Chops – Mushroom gravy layered on top of tender moist pork chops!
Crock Pot Lasagna – Layers of pasta, creamy cheese, sausage, and fresh basil, a hearty and delicious meal!
- 1- 4-5 pound Chuck Roast or London Broil
- 1- 10.75 ounce Can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1- 10.75 ounce Can Condensed Cream of Tomato Soup
- 1- 1 Ounce Package Dry Onion Soup
- 1. Mix all three soups together in a small bowl.
- 2. Pour 1/2 cup soup mixture into the bottom of a large crock pot. Add roast in the crock pot. Pour the rest of the soup mixture over roast and cover. Cook on low for approximate 5-8 hours or until fork tender. (a small London Broil roast will obviously cook faster than a thick Chuck Roast-that's why there's such a spread in the time. I cooked a small 2 1/2 pound London Broil in 5 hours)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Mix all three soups together in a small bowl.
- 3. Pour 1/2 cup soup mixture into the bottom of a large roasting pan. Place roast in pan. Pour the rest of the soup mixture over roast and cover. Bake for approximate 4-5 hours or until fork tender.