Better than plain rice krispie treats – possible – try my Avalanche Bars. A quick no bake recipe with peanut butter, and chocolate chips. Kiddo nirvana!
This is a recipe for a wonderful bar cookie that both of my kids went absolutely crazy for. There are lots of reasons to love this cookie. It is one of the easiest cookies to make, and it’s a no-bake treat so, if the weather happens to be hot, you can still make something delicious, without heating up your entire house. It’s every bit as yummy as a rice Krispie treat only, probably, 100 times more delicious. It also ships very well so, if you want to mail a goodie package, you don’t have to worry about the cookies you put an effort out to make and mail arrive in less than stellar condition. Win Win Win Win!!!
Source: Cookies and Cups Blog
- 12 Ounces White Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 Cups Rice Krispies
- 1 1/2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons For Garnish Mini Chocolate Chips
- Lightly grease a 9x9 pan (or 8x8 if you prefer thicker bars)
- In microwave-safe bowl dump in white chips and heat on medium power for 1 minute. Stir and continue in 30-second increments until chips are melted. Add the peanut butter to the melted chocolate and stir to combine.
- Add the Rice Krispies
- Let cool approximately 15 - 20 minutes stirring every 5 minutes or so to help cool.
- Add the marshmallows and 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Dump mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly, pressing lightly with the back of a spoon, but do not compact too much, otherwise, they will get hard.
- Press the remaining 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips into the top for garnish.
- When the bars are completely cooled cut into squares. Enjoy!
More Treats Like This:
Fluffernutter Rice Krispie Treats- Our Fluffernutter Rice Krispie Treats are a peanut butter Rice Krispie treat topped with melted peanut butter morsels and mini chocolate peanut butter cups!