Our Hummingbird Bundt Cake is made from scratch and is fabulously moist, dense and full of all the right goodies then topped with a Cream Cheese Glaze!
This Hummingbird Bundt Cake has become a new favorite of mine. It’s a wonderful cake flavored with bananas, pineapple, coconut and cinnamon then topped with a cream cheese glaze. It’s deeeelicious.
This recipe is like a cross between Hummingbird cake and a banana bread. The standard layer cake version is not as dense, is a bit sweeter and there’s more frosting to cake ratio because of the layers. This one is a more casual, friendly, yes, I want a piece of that even for breakfast, kinda cake!!!!
More Cakes Like This!
Kentucky Butter Cake -Tender, moist and deliciously unique, soaked with a wonderful Butter Sauce and topped with an amazing Butter Glaze
Lemon Pound Cake – Moist and tender with the perfect lemon flavor!
Coconut Buttermilk Cake – Tender cake balanced with sweetness and a subtle tang!
Source: Adapted From Southern Living
Hummingbird Bundt Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon dried ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 1 3/4 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup coconut shredded
- 8 ounces can crushed pineapple DO NOT drain
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecans chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese cubed and softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoon whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake pecans in a single layer on a cookie sheet until toasted and fragrant about 8-10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- In a large bowl stir together flour and the next 4 ingredients; add in eggs and the next 6 ingredients. Add 1 cup of the chopped pecans and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl with a hand held mixer. Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time to get desired consistency. Pour glaze over cooled cake. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup chopped pecans on cake and serve.