Say yes to a Fab creamy/ peanut buttery filling sandwiched in oatmeal cookies, hello Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies!!! Yummy either chewy or crispy!
These cookies are like the girl scout oatmeal peanut butter sandwich cookies only better. How can that be, you ask? I don’t know, but somehow, they just are. My daughter found this recipe on Allrecipes on their top 20 list for cookies and I tell you it’s on that list for darn good reason. These cookies are amazing. The filling is super creamy and peanut buttery delicious and the two outer cookies are yummy oatmeal cookies with a great chewy texture. If you prefer a crisper cookie just add a little extra time on the baking time. You’ve got to give these a try. Super YUM!!!
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 egg large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- For the Cookies: In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 1/2 cup peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add egg and beat well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir. Add oatmeal and stir.
- Drop by teaspoons onto the greased baking sheet, and press each mound down with a fork to form 1/4 inch thick cookies. Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 10 minutes, or until cookies are light brown.
- For the Filling: Cream 3 tablespoons butter or margarine with the confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, and the cream. Spread filling onto half of the cooled cookies, then top with the other half to form sandwiches.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
More Cookie Recipes…
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Magic Middle Peanut Butter Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
I made a similar cookie well over a year ago and they were de-lish. Now I'm wanting to make them again!
Well your cashews look delicious, but then I saw these cookies and forgot all about the cashews. They look SO good.
A SPICY PERSPECTIVE says
Wow! That looks like perfect combo to me!
I make them like once a month great cookies in our house too
You just combined two of my all-time favorite ingredients. Thanks so much!
OMG, those look wonderful, Kathleen! Copying the recipe to try when I have company next weekend. I'll get the girls to help and make it easy on myself.
I love a good cookie recipe and this will go in my file to try. It sounds wonderful.
Italians Do Eat Better says
Che bella ricetta! Questi biscotti sono assolutamente da preparare. Un abbraccio
I love a good sandwich cookie, and peanut butter is a favorite here. Yum.
Wooo…peanut butter…you've got lots of filling in your cookies!
These look amazing. I'm going to guess it's the ratio of filling to cookie that make them better than the Girl Scout version 🙂
WOW these look amazing! I love the cookie but the filling too. i can't wait to dunk these in milk.
Sweet, those cookies look perfect. My friends birthday is coming and he loves peanut butter and cookies. This will be his perfect present.
What a heavenly cookie with that PB filling in the middle! These would be a big hit in my house!
Those look like a definite must try!
Andrea (Off Her Cork) says
Oh those cookies sound fab! I love PB anyway I can get it and this looks like it would definitely do the trick well! 😀
Ramblin' Red says
OMG…looks like heaven. But why, why must heaven be so fat-laden when it is shorts season? Whaaaa!!!
Drool! These DO look amazing. I love anything peanut butter
The Country Cook says
From the Kitchen says
These look worthy of eating with delicious abandon. After all, they contain only healthy ingredients!!!!!