My Oh My these delicious Magic Middle Peanut Butter Cookies might be too good. With their soft, moist chewy goodness – they’ve made my favorite list.
Oh! My! Gosh! I mean seriously! I think I should rename these cookies to Danger Will Robinson Cookies. They’re sooo delicious they are truly dangerous.
They are soft, moist, chewy, and way yummy! I stashed mine in the back of the freezer hoping to forget about them for a bit. No chance and they’re even fabulous frozen. You have to try these. They have officially gone on my favorite foods of all time list. Bet they’ll go on yours, too.
Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Make Cookies: In a small bowl, blend flour, cocoa, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl beat white sugar, brown sugar, butter, and 1/4 cup peanut butter, until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg, beat until blended. Stir in flour mixture until blended. Set aside.
- Make the filling: Combining the confectioner's sugar and 3/4 cup peanut butter. Beat well with an electric mixer until mixture comes together.
- Roll filling into 30 (1 inch) balls.
- Form the exterior part of the cookie by sectioning dough into approximately 1 tablespoon pieces and then shaping the exterior portion of the cookie around completely around the peanut butter filling balls. Be sure the the filling is completely completely covered.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup granulated sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll the completed dough ball in sugar.
- Place the balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Gently flatten with the bottom of glass.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes. (I baked mine for 7 minutes). Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
Fans Also Made:
More Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes…
More Chocolate Cookies…
- Brownie Cookies
- Buckeye Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brown Butter, Pretzel, Chocolate & Scotch Chip Cookies
- Mississippi Mud Cookies