The Best Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies Are Intensely Chocolate, Flourless, And Decadent! They’re A Chocolate Lovers Dream Cookie.
Have you ever noticed that different people like different chocolate experiences? Some peeps only like a specific type of chocolate such as dark or milk or semisweet. Some prefer chocolate to be combined with other ingredients like fruit or nuts and, to others, anything other than pure, plain chocolate is tantamount to a mortal sin. Oh, we human beings can be so fussy! (Me especially, LOL!) Well, here’s a cookie that is perfect for those of you ( and me too!) that want a deep, dark, intense, chocolate experience. These are Good. Really Good. I mean eat the entire very rich batch Good!
The BEST Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies
- Nonstick Vegetable Spray
- 1 1/2 Cups Divided Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 Large Egg Whites at Room Temperature
- 2 1/2 Cups Divided Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 2 large baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in glass bowl in the microwave, stirring twice, about 2 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer, beat whites in large bowl to soft peaks. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar. Continue beating until mixture resembles soft marshmallow creme.
- Whisk 1 cup sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in medium bowl to blend.
- On low speed, beat dry ingredients into meringue. Stir in lukewarm chocolate and 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dough will become very stiff).
- Place 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl. Roll 1 rounded tablespoon dough into ball; roll in sugar, coating thickly. Place on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until puffed and tops crack, about 10 minutes. Cool on sheets on rack 10 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack.