Our recipe for homemade brownie cookies is delightfully decadent, and intensely chocolaty, with a signature brownie crunchy top and a moist chewy center!
These fudgy brownie cookies are a simple, from-scratch recipe that will leave you drooling as you watch them puff and bake. They taste like a soft, chewy version of our favorite brownie.
I love to share these cookies at parties and Sunday dinners. They bring smiles to everyone at the table, and no one can eat just one. My brownie cookies are great year round, at any event from football games to long summer nights, holidays, or just because!
So make sure you whip up a batch of these chocolate flavor bombs as soon as you can!
What I Love Most About This Recipe
- Made from scratch, no box mix needed
- Incredibly chocolaty
- Easy to double and triple for large crowds
- A perfect year-round dessert
Brownie Cookies Ingredients
- Unsalted Butter: Use good quality unsalted butter. I like Challenge or Land O Lakes.
- Unsweetened Chocolate: This is baking chocolate.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips: I use the semi-sweet but you can also use dark chocolate chips as well.
- Flour: Use a medium gluten all-purpose flour like Gold Medal unbleached all-purpose flour.
- Baking Powder: Helps the dough rise.
- Salt: Adds flavor and helps keep the cookies tender.
- Eggs: Make sure they’re at room temperature not cold from the fridge. I use large eggs.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar, i.e. table sugar.
- Vanilla Extract: Don’t use imitation, use pure vanilla extract.
- Pecans: Optional but recommended.
Storing + Freezing Tips
- How To Store: Allow them to cool completely before storing. These can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. The less air around them, the fresher they will stay.
- I like to store them in a resealable plastic bag with as much air removed as possible. I think the texture of these cookies is best within a day or 2 after baking.
- They can be refrigerated for extended life.
- Freezing: These freeze well. Store in a resealable plastic bag for up to 6 months.
- Food Safety: If you’d like more info on food safety check out this link.
How To Make Brownie Cookies.
- Melt the chocolates and set aside.
- Combine baking soda, flour, and salt and set aside.
- Mix the eggs, and vanilla at medium speed.
- Gradually add the flour mixture until well combined, followed by the chocolate and finally the pecans.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of dough onto parchment paper lined baking sheets, spaced 1 inch apart. Bake for 10 minutes.
More Yummy Cookie Recipes
- Strawberry Cookies
- Almond Joy Cookies
- Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Orange Cookies
Craving more delicious recipes? I hope you’ll join our cooking family! Subscribe to Gonna Want Seconds and receive all our latest recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Absolutely free to you and we never share your email address.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- In a microwave-safe bowl combine butter (1/2 cup) and both chocolates (4 ounces unsweetened chocolate + 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips). Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes at 50% power. Remove and stir ingredients to combine. If ingredients aren't melted after being well stirred, microwave for 30 seconds and remove then stir again. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine flour (1 1/2 cups), baking powder (1/2 teaspoon), and salt (1/2 teaspoon). Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat eggs (4), sugar (1 1/2 cups), and vanilla (2 teaspoons) with an electric mixer at medium speed. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well combined. Add chocolate mixture and beat until well combined. Stir in pecans (2 cups).
- Spoon dough by 2 tablespoonfuls onto Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheets allowing 1-inch spacing between cookies.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.