Imagine thick, fudgy, deliciousness in one recipe and that’s what you’ve got here. Who can resist that combination? I, for one, am not a resister! Come on…. bake up a batch. You know you want to! As with most brownie recipes, this is best when you bake it up the day before you devour the pan….ah…..I mean serve ’em. Enjoy!
Triple Chocolate Brownies
- 3 Sticks Unsalted Butter
- 12 Ounces Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1/4 Teaspoon Finely Ground Coffee
- 6 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Plus 2 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate together in a heavy based pan over low heat. Add coffee and stir until dissolved. Set aside and allow to cool a bit.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla together until well blended. Add egg mixture to cooled chocolate mixture ( if you think the chocolate is still too warm, then temper the eggs, a little at a time, with chocolate) and combine well. Fold in flour and salt just until combined. Fold in both white and semisweet chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly between two well greased 8-inch square pans.
- Bake for about 25-28 minutes. Brownies are done when top dries out to a slightly paler brown speckle. The center should remain gooey so a toothpick test will NOT work. I think these are even better refrigerated and served cold.
Source: Adapted From Nigella Lawson