This is an incredible brownie recipe! The brownies are thick, fabulously chocolate, chewy, and bakes a huge batch! My go-to recipe for large batch brownies!
This is an incredible brownie recipe. The brownies are thick, fabulously chocolaty and chewy. The three most important characteristics for me in a brownie. They are also loaded with walnuts and chocolate chips and enhanced with a hint of coffee. These are not only one of the tastiest brownies of all times, but the recipe also bakes a huge pan of them. So, whenever you need to make treats for a large group, this is THE go-to recipe. I mean, come on. Perfect on top of Perfect if you get what I mean! This bit of brilliance in a baking dish comes for none other than, the amazing, Ina Garten. I love lots of her recipes, but this one, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her for!
The Most Incredible Brownies
- 1 Pound Unsalted Butter
- 1 Pound Plus 12 Ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips-Divided
- 6 Ounces Bittersweet Chocolate
- 6 Eggs Extra Large
- 3 Tablespoons Instant Coffee Granules
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cup-Divided-1 Cup for Batter and 1 Cup in the Chips and Nuts All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Cups Walnuts Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 13 by 18 by 1 1/2-inch sheet pan
- Melt together the butter, chocolate chips (1 pound), and unsweetened chocolate on top of a double boiler. Cool slightly. Stir together the eggs, instant coffee, vanilla, and sugar. Stir in the warm chocolate mixture and cool to room temperature.
- Stir together the flour (1 cup), baking powder and salt. Add to cooled chocolate mixture.
- Toss the walnuts and chocolate chips (12 ounces) with flour (1/4 cup) to coat. Then add to the chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until tester just comes out clean. Do not overbake! Cool thoroughly, refrigerate well and cut into squares.
- Source: The Amazing Ina Garten!
More Brownie Recipes…
- Red Velvet Brownies – Super chocolatey, and it has that fantastic fudgy brownie goodness and that hallmark red color! Cream cheese icing tops them off perfectly!
Source: Ina Garten