This is an incredible brownie recipe! The brownies are thick, fabulously chocolate, chewy, and bakes a huge batch! My go-to recipe for large batch brownies!
This is an incredible brownie recipe. The brownies are thick, fabulously chocolaty and chewy. The three most important characteristics for me in a brownie. They are also loaded with walnuts and chocolate chips and enhanced with a hint of coffee. These are not only one of the tastiest brownies of all times, but the recipe also bakes a huge pan of them. So, whenever you need to make treats for a large group, this is THE go-to recipe. I mean, come on. Perfect on top of Perfect if you get what I mean! This bit of brilliance in a baking dish comes for none other than, the amazing, Ina Garten. I love lots of her recipes, but this one, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her for!
Ina Gartens Outrageous Brownies
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 pound semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus 12-ounces divided
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 6 eggs extra large
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour -divided (1 cup for batter and 1 cup in the chips and nuts)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 13 by 18 by 1 1/2-inch sheet pan.
- Melt together the butter, chocolate chips (1 pound), and unsweetened chocolate on top of a double boiler. Cool slightly. Stir together the eggs, instant coffee, vanilla, and sugar. Stir in the warm chocolate mixture and cool to room temperature.
- Stir together the flour (1 cup), baking powder, and salt. Add to cooled chocolate mixture.
- Toss the walnuts and chocolate chips (12 ounces) with flour (1/4 cup) to coat. Then add to the chocolate mixture. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until tester just comes out clean. Do not overbake! Cool thoroughly, refrigerate well, and cut into squares.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
More Brownie Recipes…
- Red Velvet Brownies – Super chocolatey, and it has that fantastic fudgy brownie goodness and that hallmark red color! Cream cheese icing tops them off perfectly!
Source: Ina Garten
They are fabulous looking!
The brownies looks fabulous. Beautiful.
They absolutely do look incredible. I wish I had one now!
oh my goodness! this recipe sounds fantastic! i just bookmarked this. thank you for sharing and have a great weekend.
Allison @ Alli 'n Son says
I love brownies and Ina has the best recipes. These sound wonderful.
I'd love for you to share this recipe on my linky for Sweet Tooth Friday! http://alli-n-son.com/2011/03/03/monster-cookies/