Our German Chocolate Brownies are moist, tender and chewy brownies topped with a thick layer of German chocolate frostings!
If you’re a regular reader of this blog you have seen me post many Brownie recipes. Brownies happen to be, truly, one of my most favorite foods in the entire world. If I could I would eat them every day. Oh, how I wish I could!!! So when I do indulge in brownie eating joy, the brownie MUST be, fabulously delicious. These are just that…..fabulous delicious. Truly. Fabulously. Delicious!!!! Plain brownies are really, really wonderful. but combine them with the frosting from a German Chocolate Cake and KAPOW! Batman!!! You have a brownie that is beyond fabulously delicious! You have Fabulously Delicious on steroids.
My family devoured these brownies. Honestly, I saved a few and tried to hide them in the back of the freezer so I could sneak them out when I needed a brownie hit. My son, who claims to “not like chocolate” found my secret stash and ate the entire thing!!! That is sooooo wrong to do to a Mom!!! Not the secret stash!!! When I asked him why he ate them if he doesn’t even like chocolate he said, “Well I LOVE that kind of chocolate!” I asked him what kind he meant and he said the “Really Incredible kind!” LOL! Now there’s an endorsement for these brownies if ever I heard one!
There are other recipes for German Chocolate Brownies out there but I really hope you give this one a try. It has an extra thick layer of Pecan Frosting on it. Most of the others have about half the amount. What’s the point? It looks more like a garnish than a bomb diggity blast of Pecan Frosting Deliciousness that these brownies have! So, try these brownies immediately! I just hope you get to sneak a little secret stash for yourself more successfully than I did my friend 🙂
German Chocolate Brownies
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups pecans chopped
Make the Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9X13 inch baking dish with Aluminum foil or parchment paper extending the short edges over by 2-3 inches. Spray well with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl blend flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl add German sweet chocolate and butter and microwave 1 1/2 minutes. Stir together. If the mixture isn't completely melted, microwave for 30 seconds intervals at 50% power stirring between intervals until completely melted. Mix in sugar until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well, then add vanilla. Add flour mixture and mix just until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Cool brownies completely then make the frosting.
Make the Frosting:
- Stir the egg yolk, sugar, butter, vanilla, and evaporated milk together in a medium saucepan. Over medium heat, cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Add coconut and pecans and mix well. Allow frosting to cool for about half an hour. Spread over completely cooled brownies.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
More Brownie Recipes!
- Cosmic Brownies – Amazing homemade, rich, fudgy topped with a wonderfully thick, chocolate ganache frosting.
- Dark chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies – Rich, Decadent, Deeply Chocolate with Peanut Butter filling and Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache!
- Brownie Cookies – Rich chocolaty decadence of brownies but with a surface crackle!
- Red Velvet Brownies – Super chocolatey, and it has that fantastic fudgy brownie goodness and that hallmark red color! Cream cheese icing tops them off perfectly!
- Lemon Brownies – Lemony deliciousness meets yummy brownies in this Lemon Brownies recipe. It’s best of both worlds with their powerful lemon flavor & moist brownie texture!