Bourbon and chocolate together are absolutely amazing…… Who knew? It’s funny, I don’t really enjoy the taste of bourbon but when it’s combined with chocolate and baked up in a brownie…..something special seems to happen. I know for true bourbon drinkers the thought of using bourbon to bake with is appalling. I have a few neighbors who drink bourbon and I swear I see their eyes just about mist up with tears when they hear I’m using it in my baking! LOL life is funny.
My daughter says this is truly one of the best things I’ve ever baked. My family is over the moon crazy for brownies so that is quite an endorsement. I bake brownies more than any other baked good and I generally have a few hidden in my freezer. Those are my secret stash so please let’s keep that just between us chickens 🙂
Please make these for yourself and tell me what you think! I LOVE these!
More Brownie Recipes!
- Brownie Cookies – Rich chocolaty decadence of brownies but with a surface crackle!
- Lemon Brownies – Sweet, fresh, bursting, intense lemon yumminess!
- Caramel Stuffed Brownies– Rich and Fudgy brownies with caramel and just the right touch of crisp!
- Brookie Bars– Our Brookie Bars are out of this world delicious! A combo of rich, fudgy brownies and buttery, chewy chocolate chip cookies! Doubly Decadent and Delish!
- Red Velvet Brownies – Super chocolatey, and it has that fantastic fudgy brownie goodness and that hallmark red color! Cream cheese icing tops them off perfectly!
More Bourbon Recipes….
Source: Southern Living
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 ounces about 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg large
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 ounces about 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease the bottom of a 9-inch square pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, shortening, and water. Bring to a boil stirring constantly until the sugar melts. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips and vanilla stirring mixture until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition. Stir in flour, baking soda, salt, and nuts and mix well. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until shiny and firm on top or until a toothpick inserted in the center of brownies comes out almost clean.
- Remove from oven and pour bourbon over the top of the brownies while brownies are still hot.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the first vanilla frosting by beating the butter and vanilla together until creamy. Add the sugar gradually and beat until smooth. Spread evenly on top of the cooled brownies. Place in the refrigerator and chill until the frosting is firm.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate glaze by combining the chocolate and butter in a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes at 50% power. Remove and stir to melt completely and combine. If ingredients aren't completely melted after being well stirred, microwave for 30 seconds and remove then stir again. Spread glaze over the top of the cooled and set Vanilla frosting. Let stand until set. Cut into serving pieces and serve!
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE