Our Bourbon Pecan Pound Cake is a buttery, rich, tender cake loaded with pecans, just the right amount of bourbon, and topped with a luscious Caramel Glaze!
Pin it to your CAKE BOARD to save for later!
Let’s be friends! Follow Gonna Want Seconds on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I often wonder how many people love pound cake as much as I do. The tender, moist texture; that rich, buttery flavor; and, of course, the full-bodied density that gives pound cake its name. I don’t know of any other cake that can give you so much at one time! And I looooove how versatile pound cake is. It’s the perfect cake companion to so many different and wonderful flavors. One of my favorite flavor combinations is this recipe for Glazed Bourbon Pecan Pound Cake.
You won’t find a better-balanced set of flavors than this cake. The Bourbon is perfectly accented with a generous amount of nutmeg—they’re really amazing together. On top of that, this cake has 1 and ½ cups of rich, chopped pecans. Plus, a solid helping of butter. This palette of flavors is topped off with a luscious caramel glaze.
I love serving this cake during the holidays. But it’s equally good served at home or at a potluck.
Try it out. Let me know what you think in the comments!
Baking: The classic baker’s tool—a toothpick—is going to be your best friend with this recipe. Bake the cake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Do not let this cake bake until the toothpick comes out clean. You want this cake to be moist, so under baking, it ever so slightly is the goal.
Pan: This cake rises like nothing else. You’ll need every inch of your 12 cup bundt cake pan. I’ve never had this cake overflow, but I’d suggest putting a rimmed baking sheet under your bundt pan just in case.
Ingredients: For the best results, don’t bother with off-brand flour and sugar. Store brands are often more finely ground than their name-brand counterparts. This can result in using too much of the dry ingredients, which can dry this cake out quickly.
Don’t skimp on the butter. Splurge on good quality butter, you won’t regret it. The butter is what really gives this recipe its trademark texture and flavor.
Easy Bourbon Pecan Pound Cake With Caramel Glaze
- 1 Cup Butter At Room Temperature
- 2 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 8 Ounces Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Bourbon
- 1 1/2 Cups Pecans Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar Firmly Packed
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Powder Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Pecans Chopped
- Spray a 12 Cup Bundt Pan with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed, until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in sugar, gradually, then beat on medium for 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time and beat just until yolks disappear.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together sour cream and bourbon. Add to butter mixture, alternately with the flour mixture, starting with and finishing with the flour mixture. Combine just until blended. Mix in pecans and pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottom saucepan. Stir in the brown sugar and milk. Over medium heat, bring to a boil. Continue to boil 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract and powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Pour glaze over cake (completely cooled) then add chopped pecans to the top, pressing them gently into the glaze.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRate This Recipe
More Cakes like this!
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake -Deliciously tender and moist with the right amount of lemon flavoring, topped with a lovely lemon glaze!
- Orange Pound Cake with Orange Syrup and Orange Glaze – Every bite is like sweet sunshine!
- Kentucky Butter Cake -Tender, moist and deliciously unique, soaked with a wonderful Butter Sauce and topped with an amazing Butter Glaze
- Lemon Pound Cake – Moist and tender with the perfect lemon flavor!
- Coconut Buttermilk Cake – Tender cake balanced with sweetness and a subtle tang!
- Sock It To Me Cake– is delicious Southern butter with an amazing streusel filling. Our cake starts with a cake mix to make prep easy and results foolproof.
More Pecan Recipes…
- Pecan Pie Cobbler–brings together the ooey gooey filling of pecan pie with the decadent cake-like topping of your favorite cobbler! It’s to die for delish!
- Butter Pecan Cookies – Melt in your mouth butter pecan cookies are the perfect addition to your holiday dessert platter. Nutty and buttery, crunchy and chewy, they are so delish!