Sock It To Me Cake is a delicious Southern butter cake with an amazing streusel filling that makes this one of the most incredible tasting bundt cake recipes of all time. In fact, this is one of the best cake recipes to use for Easter cakes, church functions, and other special get-togethers.
If you prefer your streusel on the outside, you can toss some pineapple into the batter and make a yummy hummingbird bundt cake instead. Or just forget the streusel altogether and whip up a rich Kentucky butter cake. Either way, you’re taste buds are gonna’ be some kinda’ happy!
Check it out!
Sock It To Me Cake comes to you straight from the 1970s, but it hasn’t lost a bit of its flavor! Ready for a blast from the past? This decadent cake combines the simplicity of a cake mix with a streusel filling for results that are “Totally far out, man!”
- The texture of this cake is the “perfect butter cake” texture.
- It’s To-Die-For moist.
- It’s got the perfect amount of sweetness.
- OMG! That Streusel Filling!!
How To Make Sock It To Me Cake Recipe
This is called Sock It To Me cake because that’s exactly what it does to your taste buds! But it doesn’t take all that much to throw it together. Just spray your bundt pan then mix up your cake mix and your streusel in a separate bowl.
Now, pour some batter into the pan, then streusel, then the rest of the batter. Mix up the glaze while your cake is cooling, and you’re all done!
This Sock It To Me cake is totally far out and completely yummy. It should pop out of the pan without much effort for top-notch results. You’ll want to spray generously with baker’s cooking spray even if you’re using a nonstick bundt pan.
How to Make as a 9 X 13: If you don’t have a bundt pan, no worries! You can still make this delicious cake! Follow the instructions to make the batter and filling.
- Spread about ⅔ of the batter into the bottom of a well-greased 9×13 pan.
- Spread the cinnamon sugar filling evenly over the batter and top with the remaining batter. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool and remove from pan.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake- get creative with a crisscross pattern or something more abstract!
**Our Secret Tips**: Our recipe for this cake differs from the original in that it has a couple of small tweaks which, in my ever so humble opinion, make the finished cake even more delicious!
Our cake is just a tad sweeter than most versions. It’s in no way overly sweet though. That little bit of extra sweetness takes the flavor of this cake to a whole new level. It’s absolutely addicting.
Betcha can’t eat just one slice! We also have a thicker tunnel of streusel filling running through the cake, which let me tell ya is Ah-mazing!
Anyone who’s made a cake with tasty little gems inside knows how tricky it can be. You lovingly layer or sprinkle them in and they inevitably fall straight to the bottom of the pan.
To avoid this, you’ll add some dry cake mix to your streusel. It’ll help suspend the pecans in the cake batter while keeping the streusel sweet-n-crunchy awesome.
Tools to Make
Whipping up this amazing Sock It To Me cake only requires typical baking tools. An electric mixer will help you get the job done and of course, you’ll want a nonstick bundt pan to bake your cake in.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
Storing this Sock It To Me Cake is only difficult because it seems to disappear every time you turn around! You’ll want to keep it covered well, perhaps in a cake saver with cling wrap tightly covering any cut ends.
It’ll stay fresh and yummy for up to a week in the fridge, but it’ll get gobbled up before then.
Can You Freeze This?
Absolutely!! Sock It To Me cake freezes really well. I do suggest double wrapping, paying special attention to the hole in the middle. Glaze it before or after freezing.
Your cake can be slowly thawed in the fridge overnight or you can just set it on the counter for a bit. Thawing time will depend on whether you’re working with individual pieces or an entire cake.
Make Ahead Tips
The rich sweet velvety smooth flavor of this Sock It To Me cake only improves with time and it needs to cool completely before glazing. The cake only takes about 20 minutes to throw together and the rest is oven time. I like to bake the cake and store it in the fridge overnight, then add the glaze on serving day.
This indulgent Sock It To Me cake is kind of a cross between all the best parts of a pound cake and a coffee cake so it pairs beautifully with a hot cup of coffee. It makes the perfect afternoon pick me up or contribute to a friendly church potluck.
- If this tasty experience awakens that inner craving for moist delectable pound cake, then you can whip up a bourbon pecan pound cake with just a few simple swaps. Its an insanely delicious option that doesn’t disappoint.
- Sour cream coffee cake is another scrumptious alternative and its great for breakfast! It’s unseasonably delicious and easier than you think. Besides, there’s never a bad time for coffee cake.
Sock It To Me Cake
- 1 package butter cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pecans chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar sifted
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 10 cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove 2 Tablespoons of cake mix to a small bowl and reserve set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together the remaining cake mix, sour cream, oil, water, eggs, sugar, and vanilla, using a handheld electric mixer, for 2 minutes on high.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of reserved cake mix, brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans; set aside.
- Pour about 3/4 of batter into the prepared pan and then sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture in the center of the batter. Spoon the remaining batter over the cinnamon-sugar layer and spread evenly.
- Bake 45-55 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool for 25 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely on a wire baking rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of milk until smooth. If necessary, add more milk, very slowly so it doesn't get too thin, until desired consistency is achieved.
- Drizzle glaze over the cake. Sprinkle top with 2 tablespoons chopped pecans and serve.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRate This Recipe
This Sock It To Me Cake is an easy 5-star recipe and it works for nearly any holiday. Here are even more Easter dessert recipes you may enjoy.
- Lemon Pound Cake – Awesome deliciousness of a pound cake with sweet lemony undertones.
- Peach Pound Cake – Ripe luscious peaches integrated into moist sweet pound cake bliss.
- Lemon Bundt Cake – Moist, refreshing and altogether irresistible.
- Strawberry Bundt Cake – Wonderfully moist and smooth with a light strawberry flavor.
- Strawberry Pound Cake – Undeniably yummy with an extraordinary pop of strawberry.
This super yummy Sock It To Me Cake is the deliciousness of a Southern butter cake crossed with a moist sweet coffee cake and a stream of cinnamon streusel. Its happy power for your mouth. Plus, it’s just so easy to throw together and you’ll look like a superstar in the kitchen.
Trust me, they’re gonna’ want seconds!
Invented by Duncan Hines Sock It To Me Cake recipe was actually printed on the boxes for years.