My Eggnog Crumb Coffee Cake is a wonderful holiday treat with a unique nutmeg icing. Perfect with a coffee at a December breakfast or brunch!
This is a lovely coffee cake that perfectly embraces the holiday season. The cake itself is not overly sweet so the generous crumb topping is the perfect accompaniment. The eggnog flavor is delightful. It’s in no way overpowering but it definitely is the notable flavor. It’s what makes this coffee cake uniquely tempting. The crumb topping and glaze together are seriously crazy delicious!!! Honestly, I could have eaten bowls of this all by itself!
This is the last day of my Sugar Rush. I hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as I have! I have some really great casseroles and soups coming up so I hope you’ll check back in soon 😉
Eggnog Crumb Coffee Cake
For The Coffee Cake:
- 1/2 Cup Butter Softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Eggnog
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 2 1/3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
For The Crumb Topping:
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter Melted
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
For The Icing:
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Melted
- 3 Tablespoons Eggnog
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Make the Cake: Preheat oven to 350. Spray a tube pan generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in eggnog, sour cream, nutmeg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add half of the dry ingredient into wet ingredients and blend just until mostly combined. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and blend just until combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Tap pan on the counter to remove air bubbles. Set aside.
- Meanwhile make the Crumb Topping: In a medium bowl blend sugars, spices and salt into melted butter until mixture becomes smooth. Add flour and combine thoroughly.
- Crumble crumb mixture into big pieces over top of unbaked coffee cake.
- Bake Coffee Cake for 35-45 minutes in preheated oven just until a cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool on the rack for 10-15 minutes. Place a plate on top of the cake and flip the cake over onto the plate. Place a serving plate on the bottom of the cake and flip the cake over to right-side up. Cool cake completely before icing it.
- Make Icing: Whisk together the butter and eggnog in a small saucepan over low heat. Bring mixture to a simmer and simmer for 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Cool slightly and whisk in powdered sugar until mixture is smooth with no lumps. Drizzle icing over completely cooled cake.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
More Coffee Cake Recipes
Source: Adapted From Chasing Some Blue Sky