Looking for an awesome treat, Chunky Chocolate Gobs to the rescue! A blast of chocolatey flavors in a thick chocolate chunk laden gob, just do it!
Well, let me tell how fabulous I think these Chunky Chocolate Gobs are. I’ve made two batches of these in preparation of Christmas cookie gift plates, carefully put them in zip locks in the freezer, and there are none left! Oh sure, no one will own up to this egregious theft, but there are NONE left. Did I mention I made them two and a half days ago and I made two batches? I found this recipe in a few of my Southern Living cookbooks and when the peeps from SL introduce them they claim they are some of the best cookies to ever come through their test kitchens. Can you imagine how many cookies go through their test kitchens? Well, these are Good. I mean GOOD! They would make a great addition to your holiday cookies. If they last that long.
Chunky Chocolate Gobs
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 1/3 Cup Butter Flavored Shortening
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar Firmly Packed
- 2 Eggs Large
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 Cups Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Oreos Coarsely Chopped
- 3 -1.75 Ounce Bars Mounds Bars Chopped and Chilled
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in cookies, candy bars, and chocolate chips. Chill dough 30 minutes.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupful's (I used a large cookie scoop) 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated the oven for 10-12 minutes or until barely set. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Source: Southern Living
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE