How many times have you read a blog post that claims to have the recipe for the perfect chocolate chip cookie. I’ve read tons. I don’t know if there is actually oneperfect recipe. What I do know is, as of right now, these are my most favorite chocolate chip cookies in the whole world. They’re thick, soft, and wonderfully chewy and have lots of chocolate chips. That’s what I want most in my chocolate chip cookie.
- 2/3 Cup Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 2/3 Cup Butter Flavored Shortening
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar Packed
- 2 Eggs Large
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Pecans Chopped-Optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Stir the pecans and chocolate chips. Using a large cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 14-16 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the centers are set. Don't overbake. Cool 5 minutes before removing cookies to cooling rack.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.