Our Double Chocolate Snowball Cookies Are Rich, Tender, Double Chocolate Cookies That Aren’t Too Sweet And Have A Luscious Thick Coating Of Powdered Sugar.
Looking for a delicious new Holiday cookie to try? Well, I’m super excited to share this new Double Chocolate Snowball Cookies with you! Rich, tender, double chocolate, cookies that aren’t too sweet and have a luscious thick coating of powdered sugar. Little bites of joy I tell you! These cookies are a rift on everyone’s favorite holiday cookie Snowballs, aka Russian Tea cookies, aka Mexican Wedding cookies.
They’re every bit as delicious and maybe just a little more addictive given their chocolate base. Well, their double chocolate base that is. These babies are loaded with a double whammy of chocolate with cocoa powder and then an entire bag of mini chocolate chips!
More chocolate flavor to love! Oh, and another great thing is that the nuts generally found in Snowball cookies are replaced with mini chocolate chips. These are the perfect little holiday treat for all the people on your list who aren’t especially fond of nuts.
Recipe Notes For Double Chocolate Snowballs:
This recipe is pretty straightforward and easy. Make the dough, chill it, roll the dough into balls, bake them and roll them into powdered sugar. Viola! Yummy double chocolate snowballs!!!
Chill Time: If you’re super pressed for time you can skip the chill time. Your cookies might come out a little flatter if you do so, but they’ll still be delish.
Powdered Sugar Roll: The cookies are especially delicate when they’re warm, so be very gentle when rolling them in the powdered sugar. I must admit I broke a few, which wasn’t necessarily a bad thing since I got to “taste test” the broken ones. Don’t skip the second roll in powdered sugar. It really gives the cookies a heavenly coating.
Double Chocolate Snowballs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 12 ounces mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Whisk together flour, salt, and cocoa; set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the vanilla and rum extract and mix. Gradually mix in flour mixture. Mix in mini chocolate chips until evenly incorporated. Cover and chill dough for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place dough on a silicone baking mat about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. When cookies are still very warm, but cool enough to handle, roll in powdered sugar. Cool cookies completely then roll cookies a second time in powdered sugar.
More Christmas Cookie….
- Italian Christmas Cookies -Moist, cake-like texture that fills any room with an unbeatable aroma!
- Soft Batch Christmas M&M cookies – Soft, chewy, fluffy cookies sure to be a favorite in any holiday event!
- Yugoslavian Christmas Cookies – Crunchy nut and meringue topping over the berry shortbread crust an absolutely divine combination!
- Candy Cane Cookies -Peppermint or almond flavored sugar cookie dough, twisted into these charming cookies
- Christmas Crack – Buttery toffee with a light, crispy crust, coated in rich chocolate and toasted pecans may just be the most addictive snack ever
- Butter Pecan Cookies – It’s super rich, buttery and virtually melts in your mouth.
- Lebkuchen – Lebkuchen cookies are wunderbar! Warm gingerbread spices meet soft cakey dough and delicate frosting. A German gem that’ll make your holiday party special